This Floor Scales market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Floor Scales market.
Floor Scales Market: Introduction
Floor scales are the weighing scales that are widely used across various industries, such as manufacturing and automotive, for weighing heavy loads that weigh up to 8 kilograms. Unlike bench scales, floor scales are installed on the ground. They are available in different shapes and load-bearing capacity ranges. Thus, the adoption a specific type of scale varies from application to application. The demand for the portability of weighing scales has resulted in the introduction of various types of portable floor scales. As time progresses, the adoption of portable floor scales is expected to increase in the global market.
The floor scales market has registered considerable growth in terms of value in the past four years. In addition, due to the increasing adoption of digital measuring technology and equipment worldwide, the market is estimated to witness a single-digit growth rate over the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Floor Scales Market: Dynamics
Increasing automation in developed as well as various developing countries, such as the U.S., the U.K., Germany, China, Japan and India, has boosted the adoption of automated electronic measurement instruments and equipment. This has also resulted in the growth of the floor scales market. The increasing demand for transition from conventional weighing scales to advanced floor scales from regions such as Brazil, Mexico, China, Argentina, and India, has also boosted the market in terms of value.
The increasing integration of software and accessories with floor scales has been witnessed to be the recent trend, which is also contributing to the growth of the global floor scales market in terms of value.
However, the high cost associated with the purchase and servicing of floor scales has been identified as one of the primary factors hampering the growth of the global floor scales market.
Floor Scales Market: Top Participants
Some of the key players in the floor scales market are PCE Deutschland GmbH, Rice Lake Weighing Systems, OHAUS, KERN & SOHN GmbH, Contech, Adam Equipment Ltd, Minebea Intec, Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Company, BOSCHE GmbH & Co. KG, AWM Limited and Solent Scale Services Ltd.
Various manufacturers are focusing on expanding their sales and strengthening their position in the global market by partnering with various customers established outside their region. For instance, in February 2017, Rice Lake Weighing Systems partnered with Weightech, a Brazil-based company, with an intention of proliferating the sales and distribution of its products in Latin America.
Floor Scales Market: Regional Overview
Based on regions, the floor scales market has been segmented into Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Japan, China, Middle East & Africa and SEA & others in Asia Pacific. Among these regions, Europe (including both Western and Eastern) is estimated to hold a leading position in the global floor scales market during the forecast period due to presence of various market players and manufacturing & automotive industries in the region, especially in the U.K. and Germany. North America and Asia Pacific (including China and Japan) are expected to follow Europe in the global floor scales market.
In addition, Asia Pacific (including China and Japan) is also expected to register the highest growth in the global market during the forecast period, owing to an increase in the number of automated manufacturing industries in the region. In addition, the Latin America market is expected to witness a significantly high growth rate during the forecast period.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Global market segments
- Global market dynamics
- Historical actual market size, 2013-2017
- Global market size & forecast 2018-2028
- Supply & demand value chain for market
- Global market current trends/issues/challenges
- Competition & companies involved in market
- Value Chain
- Global market drivers and restraints
Regional analysis of the global floor scales market includes
- North America market
- Latin America market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe market
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- SEA and other Asia Pacific countries market
- Rest of SEA and other Asia Pacific countries
- Japan market
- China market
- Middle East and Africa market
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Floor Scales Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Floor Scales Market: Segmentation
On the basis of type, the floor scales market has been segmented as:
- Portable Floor Scales
- Fixed Floor Scales
Owing to the higher applications of fixed floor scales across various industry verticals worldwide such as manufacturing and automotive, a higher adoption of the same has been witnessed in 2017.
On the basis of component, the floor scales market has been segmented as:
- Floor Scales Device
The higher prices of floor scales can be attributed to the higher market share associated with the same in the global floor scales market in 2017. Furthermore, the floor scales devices segment is expected to dominate the global market throughout the forecast period.
On the basis of shape, the floor scales market has been segmented as:
- Floor Shape
- Beam Shape
The floor shape and beam shape segments are expected to jointly hold more than 50% of the market share in the global floor scales market in 2017.
On the basis of load bearing capacity, the floor scales market has been segmented as:
- <1.5 kg
- 1.5 kg – 2 kg
- >2 Kg
On the basis of industry vertical, the floor scales market has been segmented as:
- Metal & Mining
- Food & Packaging
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Floor Scales Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Floor Scales Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Floor Scales Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Floor Scales Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.