This Fluorinated Solvents market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fluorinated Solvents market.
Market Definition and Introduction
Chemically, fluorinated solvents are fluorocarbons also commonly known as perfluorocarbons or PFCs. They are organofluorine hydrocarbon compounds. They could be of the perfluoroalkanes, fluoroalkenes, fluoroalkynes or perfluoroaromatic compound type. In the past few years, various industries have been focusing on the preferential use of environmentally safe solvent usage, which has led to the increasing importance of fluorinated solvents which satisfy this criterion. Besides, fluorinated solvents find applications in a diverse range of industries such as automotive, plastics, electronics & semiconductors, for different end uses. Fluorinated solvents have proven to be high quality solvents in terms of their performance as well as in being brilliant drop-in substitutes for chemicals which have been found to be ozone-depleting, such as CFCs, HFCs and PFCs. Fluorinated solvents are being increasingly perceived as a highly preferred choice by end use industries who have been focusing to protect the health and safety of their employees without affecting either performance or profitability.
Fluorinated solvents are also known to have multiple desirable characteristics such as being a non-explosive type of cleaning solvent, demonstrating high solvency strength, rapid evaporation ability, and lower surface tension. Fluorinated solvents also have a low boiling point, low surface tension, non-requirement for tests for acid acceptance and no requirement need for stabilizer additives. Use of fluorinated solvents also translates into minimal non-volatile residue. Fluorinated solvents do not contribute to harmful air pollutants and are not hazardous for transportation. Fluorinated solvents also display high levels of compatibility for a wide range of substrate materials, and are adaptable to use in currently used cleaning equipment.
Considering these important aspects of applications of fluorinated solvents, the study of the fluorinated solvents market becomes an important read.
Key Trends, Drivers
In the last few years, regulatory bodies across the globe have been resorting to either phasing out environmentally harmful solvents in a specific time period or at least having been scrutinizing their harmful effects for a phase out consideration, or have been totally banning their use. Besides, health and safety issues regarding the use of industrial solvents are also being considered while assessing the permits for continuation of their use. For instance, conventional solvents such as hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) and hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) have been targeted for a regulatory phasedown by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Also, HFCs are recently on a phase-down schedule under the Montreal Protocol as well.
Fluorinated solvents have been displaying advantages such as proving to be a direct alternative for chlorinated and brominated degreasing solvents, with regard to meeting regulatory compliance from most of the regulatory bodies worldwide. Besides, fluorinated solvents have been advantageous in contributing substantially in terms of mitigating ozone depletion & global warming. They are low odor products, and are non-flammable, low toxicity chemicals. Hence, they contribute to a safer workplace environment, which translates into reduced government regulations and compliance costs. Besides, a very high chemical stability of fluorinated solvents makes them an excellent option for solvent recovery and recycling programs.
Examples of the market participants in the fluorinated solvents market are as follows:
- The Chemours Company
- AGC Chemicals
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Solvay sa
- Arkema SA
- H K Wentworth Ltd
- Vantage Specialty Chemicals Ltd.
- MG Chemicals
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fluorinated Solvents Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of product type, the fluorinated solvents market is segmented as follows:
- Nonafluorobutyl methyl ether
On the basis of application, the fluorinated solvents market is segmented as follows:
- Electronics & plastic components’ cleaning
- Solvent carrier for silicone oils, hard disk lubricants, fluorinated greases and anti-rust agents
- Defluxing of printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Drying element in aqueous system or as part of hydrocarbon cleaning process
- Refrigeration coolant and carrier solvent
- Precision cleaning of molded resin
- Dewatering of optical components
- Precision cleaning of delicate substrates
On the basis of end use industry, the fluorinated solvents market is segmented as follows:
- Electronics & semiconductors
- Plastics & polymers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Fluorinated Solvents Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Fluorinated Solvents Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Fluorinated Solvents Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Fluorinated Solvents Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.