This Friability Tester market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Friability Tester market.
Friability is the tendency of a solid matter to break into fine pieces under pressure or contact, especially by abrasion. Compressed powders in uncoated tablets can easily shed minute particles during transit; this breakdown of tablets into tiny pieces is friability. It can be caused because of the number of factors like poor tablet design, insufficient binder, low moisture content, and others.
Friability testing is a laboratory technique broadly practiced by the pharmaceutical industry to test the strength of tablets during transit. Friability tester tests the amount to which compressed powder tablets will be reduced to fine particles when affected by vibration, pressure or friction. In friability testing, the sample tablets are placed into a rotating drum; before selecting test parameters based on the time, rotations, or starting and ending sample weights. Friability testing involves repetitively dropping sample tablets for a fixed period, using a baffling rotating wheel. The result is examined for damaged tablets, and the percent quantity of tablet mass lost through fragmenting.
Technological advancements in the friability tester are further driving the market. As the uncoated tablets tend to shed the particles on friction during the handling, packaging, and transit; affects the effectiveness of the medicine on the consumer.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Market Dynamics- Global Friability Tester Market
The global market for friability tester is highly dependent upon the demand from the pharmaceutical industry. Being the primary end use for the friability testers, the pharmaceutical sector drives the growth of friability tester market. The pharmaceutical companies always try to improve their quality testing processes to ensure the desired hardness of the uncoated pills and tablets to be delivered. It is necessary for all the pharmaceutical manufacturers to continuously improvise their physical testing process by adopting the advanced technology and provide equipments with upgraded features. The continuous technological advancements in the friability tester for optimum results and effective testing process is further generating the demand for friability tester across the globe.
Wireless technology and automation mark recent trends in the global friability tester market
The technological features like touchscreen interface, wireless connectivity, USB connection, test result printing, auto-recording the test results, fully automatic tablet loading, automatic discharge, self-validation, and pre-programmed test parameters, etc. are recent trends in the friability tester which are boosting the demand for global friability tester market. For instance, ERWEKA GmbH, the German manufacturer and leading player in global friability tester market, recently launched their TAR-series of the friability testers offering the features like LED display, USP/EP/JP compliance, symbol style keypad for easy programming, and USB interface for connecting to computer or printer.
Difference in safety regulations across various regions is acting as a restraint for the growth of the market
The precaution and safety measures vary according to the multiple countries; hence the product designed and manufactured for one country’s market may or may not be competent for introducing in the other country’s market. There are different views and regulations of the various governments across the globe.
- For instance, the safety measures stated in North American Safety Requirements differ from the rules of British Pharmacopoeia (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency of the United Kingdom)
Also for new entrants, these products might need high capital cost and investments which could act as a barrier or restraint for the growth of the market.
KEY PLAYERS- Global Friability Tester Market
The key players operating in the global friability tester market are-
- ERWEKA GmbH
- Panomex Inc
- Copley Scientific
- Agilent Technologies, Inc
- SOTAX AG
Regional Outlook- Global Friability Tester Market
Being technologically most advanced region, the North America region has a significant share of the friability tester market. Expanding pharmaceutical industries in the North America region is one of the factors that boost the market for friability tester significantly. Another factor supporting the growth of friability tester market is the supportive safety regulations related to testing equipment for various applications in the region. This is followed by Europe where many of the pharmaceutical giants are located creating the demand for friability testers. The Asia Pacific excluding Japan stands third in the global friability test market owing to significant growth in chemical as well as pharmaceutical industries. MEA region is also expected to show decent growth in demand for friability tester.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Friability Tester Market Segments
- Friability Tester Market Dynamics
- Friability Tester Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Friability Tester Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation- Global Friability Tester Market
The global market for friability tester can be segmented on the basis of test type, equipment type, application, and region.
Segmentation of Friability Tester Market by Test Type
- Conventional Test
- Granule and Spheroids Test
Segmentation of Friability Tester Market by Equipment Type:
- Single Drum Tester
- Double Drum Tester
- Triple Drum Tester
Segmentation of Friability Testers by End Use:
- Academic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical Testing Laboratories
- Research and Development Laboratories
- Detailed overview of Friability Tester parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Friability Tester market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of Friability Tester
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Friability Tester market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Friability Tester Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Friability Tester Market . This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Friability Tester Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Friability Tester Market , FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.