This Gourmand Fragrance market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gourmand Fragrance market.
A gourmand fragrance is a mixture of scented essential oils or aroma compounds, sprays, and solvents. Gourmand fragrances tend to smell edible, usually featuring notes such as honey, chocolate, candy, vanilla, caramel, almonds and so on. These top and middle notes may be combined with non-edible base notes like musk or patchouli.
The global gourmand fragrance industry sets well ahead of the broad beauty market, providing steady positive growth and a firm ascendant trajectory. Outdoing the baseline beauty and personal care industry, a feat accomplished by both color cosmetics and fragrances, gourmand fragrances experienced a revitalization in mature markets in the face of a fresh customer, while simultaneously gaining new vendors in continually advancing evolving nations. Gourmand fragrances are also called foodie fragrances, and can be both feminine and masculine. Usually, they are warm and most wearable in the colder seasons. The gourmand fragrance market is becoming more consolidated over a period of time as large companies are acquiring smaller and niche brands.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Urbanization is Driving the Global Gourmand Fragrances Market
Gourmand fragrances are genuinely tempting and appealing, equipped with enticing essential oils and aromatic compounds. The applications of gourmand fragrances for those having a sweet tooth prompts a nirvana-like state in the consumers. Driven by continually-rising customer demand for air travel, travel retail has appeared as a reliable distribution channel for luxurious fragrances like gourmand fragrances in the past few years. The gourmand fragrance trend has gradually increased in popularity since 1992. In 1992, Thierry Mugler’s company MUGLER launched its first gourmand fragrance “Angel”; it was credited as the first modern Gourmand scent. “Angel” along with its companion scent Alien accounted for $280 Mn in annual sales which set the tone of the gourmand fragrance market. Furthermore, advancing technology is empowering the customization of fragrances, diverging custom blending from a luxury to a mainstream service. Going forward, the market is expected to see continuing sales growth in smaller fragrance products.
Global Gourmand Fragrance Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global gourmand fragrance market are INITIO Parfums Prives Perfumes and Colognes, Yves Saint Laurent Beauté, Dior, Lancome, MUGLER, Guerlain, CARNER BARCELONA S.L., Serge Lutens, Tom Ford, Xerjoff Lira, Acqua di Parma, Viktor&Rolf, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Maison Margiela, Lolita Lempicka, KILIAN, Elie Saab, Kat Von D, Commodity, Prada, Marc Jacobs among others.
The global gourmand fragrance market has evolved on the framework of new products inventions, launching new products, the emergence of the small-scale players in the market creating a fuss about the benefits of gourmand fragrances through advertising activities and programs are some of the significant drivers reinforcing the growth of the gourmand fragrance market.
In 2016, the online sales of Fragrances in U.K observed a raise of 20%. Total sales recorded in 2016 was £162 million, according to the NPD Group. Amazon is one of the internet giants, a growing seller of fragrances, including cosmetics. Also, in 2016, Prada, a key player in the gourmand fragrance market extended their extended the Prada Candy perfume range with new Prada Candy Sugar Pop eau de toilette Candy Kiss had musk as its hero ingredient. The packaging box featured a kiss motif inspired by the iconic Prada lip print. Owing to this product launch the company strengthened their grip in the gourmand fragrance market.
Opportunities for Market Participants in the Gourmand Fragrance market
The divergence of volume and value growth of the gourmand fragrance market grew robust over the past few years. Thanks to the redefined niche genre of the market, which saw gourmand fragrances positioned as a piece of investment, cosseting a “less is more” outlook. Many luxury brands are expanding into fragrances as an entry point for consumers. Regionally, consumers of Western Europe as united represent the most valuable gourmand fragrance unit. In individual market terms, the United States trailed by Brazil claimed the accolade of largest fragrance nations. Furthermore, a significant trend recognized in the market is the influence exerted by millennials. Millennials are heavy fragrance customers in many markets. Because of this, brands are trying to win them over by launching new products very often. Tapping into their communication and consumer experience codes. Furthermore, Fragrances are usually more reasonable than luxury goods such as bags or shoes, allowing the vendors to draw into the middle- and lower-income consumer segments, which is assisting the growth of the gourmand fragrance market.
Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the flavor, application and encapsulation process of the segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the gourmand fragrance market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gourmand Fragrance Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Gourmand Fragrance: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Application, the global gourmand fragrance market has been segmented as –
- Personal Care Fragrance
- Home Care Fragrance
- Pet and Animal Care Fragrance
On the basis of Nature, the global gourmand fragrance market has been segmented as –
On the basis of Region, the global gourmand fragrance market has been segmented as –
- North America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
On the basis of Source, the global gourmand fragrance market has been segmented as –
- Others (Caramel, Milk, and Candy)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Gourmand Fragrance Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Gourmand Fragrance Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Gourmand Fragrance Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Gourmand Fragrance Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)