This Methionine market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Methionine market.
Methionine Market Outlook
Methionine is a key component used on finfish, crustaceans, and shrimps. It is a vital amino acid found in humans. It plays a vital role in the health and metabolism of many species, including humans. Supplementation of methionine benefits those suffering from copper poisoning. The food and nutrition board of the United States set the RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowances) for amino acids in 2002. For methionine, the maximum recommended allowance for adults is 19mg/kg body weight/day. Also, under the U.S. certified organic program, methionine is allowed as a supplement to organic poultry feed.
High levels of methionine are found in egg, fish, and meat. Its use in pharmaceuticals includes treating allergies, alcoholism, drug withdrawal, depression, asthma, radiation side effects among more.
However, according to numerous studies, overconsumption of methionine is linked with cancer growth, which presents an obstacle in the growth of the methionine market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Animal Feed Sector to Lead the Growth of the Methionine Market
Animal feed has emerged as the primary application end-use segment and expected to lead the segment for the years to come. Poultry is the leading consumer for methionine. The increasing emergence of fish proteins and tuna infused based dietary, and sports supplements are leading to a healthy lifestyle is expected to provide a significant boost to the market. Methionine is evolving as a replacement for fish powder since it is cheaper, effective, and easily available. In pharmaceuticals, methionine is being used for medicines for treating liver disorders, increasing acidity of urine and bettering wound healing. Growing concern for animal welfare is anticipated to be the primary factor driving significant to the methionine market over the next few years.
Methionine Market: Key Developments
- In October 2016, Evonik Industries started the construction of its second methionine complex in Singapore. The complex possesses the production capacity of around 150,000 metric tons with initial investment costs more than half a billion dollars.
- In July 2015, Evonik Nutrition, DSM Nutritional Products Ltd., and Care GmbH announced their joint development agreement for the production of algae-based omega-3 fatty acids products made for animal nutrition, particularly for applications of pet food. The contract aimed to meet the increasing demand for omega-3 fatty acids.
Methionine Market: Regional Analysis
The methionine market in Asia-Pacific is expected to account for the largest share in terms of volume owing to the abundant population and an extensive animal feed industry. Increasing demand for dietary and sports supplements is expected to play an important role in the growth of the market in Asia-Pacific. Also, the production of cattle has taken a significant toll, which is expected to help further the Asia Pacific to retain its position in the market at the end of the forecast period. Meanwhile, the methionine market in North America is expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period.
By product type, plant-based methionine was leading the market and expected to gain more share over the forecast period owing to the stringent government norms to ban bone meal and fish silage.
Methionine Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the Methionine market are:
- Evonik Industries
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co.
- Sumitomo Chemical Corporation Limited
- Bluestar Adisseo Company
- CJ Cheil Jedang
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Chongqing Unisplendour Chemical
- Phibro Animal Health
- Sunrise Nutrachem
- Prinova Group
- Iris Biotech GmbH
- Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd.
- DSM Nutritional Products AG
- Tocris Bioscience
- Beijing FortuneStar S&T Development Co., Limited
- Jinzhou Jirong Amino Acid Co., Ltd.
- AnaSpec, Inc.
- Novus International Inc.
- Kingchem Life Science LLC
- Stolt Nielsen Japan Co., Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Methionine market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also includes projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Methionine Market Segments
- Methionine Market Dynamics
- Methionine Market Size
- Methionine Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Methionine Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Methionine Market
- Value Chain Analysis of the Methionine Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Methionine Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Methionine Market Segmentation
The Methionine market can be segmented on the basis of product type and end use
On the basis of product type, the Methionine market can be segmented as:
On the basis of end use, the Methionine market can be segmented as:
- Food and Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
- Detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Methionine market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Methionine market
- Competitive landscape of the Methionine market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Methionine market performance
- Must-have information for Methionine market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint