This Mulberry market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mulberry market.
Mulberry is a flowering deciduous plant which bears edible fruits and its leaves are often used in sericulture. The mulberry is available in 300 varieties worldwide. The mulberry fruit is a sweet and succulent which is native to North America and North-eastern Europe. The growth of the mulberry market is attributed to factors like demand for antioxidant rich and superfruits and for silkworm and poultry production. The fact that mulberry trees are cultivated for fruits, leaves and for rearing silkworms offers excellent commercial opportunities for the growers. Mulberry is also known to have many anti-bacterial properties and in recent times, they have robustly expanded in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic segments due to a shift to a health conscious lifestyle. In regions like Japan, mulberry leaves are mainly used for feeding silkworms. Sometimes mulberry leaves are also used in poultry feeding. The white mulberry is quite rare and can be found in the Mediterranean, Asia, Turkey and Greece. For their rich antioxidant, vitamin and mineral content, a white mulberry fruit also happens to be expensive.
Reasons for Covering this Title
In recent times, there has been rising interest in the use of mulberry as a substitute for superior quality for farm animals. The mulberry fruit is being extensively used in dietary supplements and can be supported by the fact that manufacturers are utilizing types such as the white mulberry for the production of complex supplements. Many mulberry growers and processors are focusing on gaining scientific consensus to support the health claims and nutritional benefits of mulberry. The national Italian positive list for dietary supplements encompasses several health benefits of a mulberry like digestive and vascular health, detox and antioxidant to name a few. Mulberry fruits and leaves are very commonly marketed as superfruits. The strongest growth in the mulberry market can be expected in Western Europe, especially in countries like Germany and France. In Europe, the mulberry fruit is mainly marketed as a dried and demand remains strong. A large production of mulberries can be found in regions such as Asia and U.S.
Some of the key players operating in the mulberry market are Sunrise Agriland Development & Research Pvt. Ltd., BATA FOOD, Döhler, Top Line Foods, Peony Food Products, Yaban Food, Ken Muir Ltd, NAVITAS ORGANICS, Sevenhills Wholefoods, Nans Products, Xian Yuensun Biological Technology Co.,Ltd. and ETChem amongst others.
Global Mulberry Market: Key Takeaways
Food supplements with mulberries are gaining traction in the market and a high growth can be expected in this segment, due to changing health perception of consumers. It is especially popular in regions such as Europe.
For instance, in 2014, the company launched the food supplement called the White Mulberry Complex Supplement. The company had also promoted its product by offering 50% discount to the consumers through the e-commerce store Amazon.
Consumer awareness is moderate in the mulberry market and proper marketing considering the target audience such as health conscious consumers, for improving consumer penetration.
Opportunities for Mulberry Market Participants
The essential approach for the growth of the mulberry market should be the expansion of retail outlets, as the demand for mulberries is high but there is relatively low availability. Also, marketing and establishment of strategic partnerships is with snack food and frozen dessert industries is very good opportunity as superfruits have been in great demand within the food industry. Promotion of the sustainable and ethical aspects of mulberry is also a key factor governing the growth of the mulberry market.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mulberry Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Mulberry: Market Segmentation
On basis of product type, the Mulberry market is segmented as-
On the basis of nature, the Mulberry market is segmented as-
On the basis of form, the mulberry market is segmented as-
- Leaf Extract
On the basis of end use, the mulberry market is segmented as-
- Food Service
- Food Industry
- Convenience food
- Jams, jellies and pickles
- Dressings, dips and condiments
- Functional food & Nutrition Bars
- Frozen desserts
- Snacks & Cereals
- Infant formula & Baby Food
- Sports Nutrition
- Beverage Industry
- Alcoholic beverages
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Functional Teas
- Milkshakes & Smoothies
- Nutrition drinks & functional beverages
- Energy Drinks
- Dietary supplements
- Animal feed
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Mulberry Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Mulberry Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Mulberry Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Mulberry Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)