This Oligofructose market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Oligofructose market.
Algal Proteins Market Outlook
Algal proteins are derived from a group of aquatic organisms called algae, which are found both in freshwater and saline water. Manufacturing algal proteins include cultivating algae and fermenting them. These fermented algae are further dried and milled which leads to the disruption of the algal cell wall to release a number of bioactive compounds like proteins. Algal proteins are extracted from various strains of algae, and the most popular ones which are the richest in the protein source are spirulina and nannochloropsis, both being marine water alga. Currently, algal proteins are typically applicable in the aquaculture hatcheries to facilitate the initial steps of the artificial food chain. However, due to modernization, algal proteins’ applications are expanding in other sectors such as pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Demand For Clean Label Food Ingredients Expected To Enrich the Algal Proteins Market
Algal proteins are increasingly being recognized as a superfood as they boasts of a higher protein content as compared to other natural sources of protein. In some strains of algae, proteins comprise around 40-60% by weight of the algal extract. Therefore, in the backdrop of increasing health awareness and demand for clean-label and natural food ingredients, algal proteins market is expected to become one the fastest growing segment in the food industry. Spirulina, which is an important strain in the algal proteins industry, is riding high on the success of its use as a functional food ingredient as well as a natural food color. Algal proteins manufacturers are also focusing on offering algal proteins at reasonable prices, which reflects a high competitive scenario amongst key players across the globe. However, algal proteins market has yet to pass the tests of approvals from the regulatory bodies which may slightly hinder the growth of the market. Algal proteins have garnered very little awareness and consumer trust amongst consumers and false claims and hype about algal proteins is tampering the image of algal proteins in the market. For instance, Soylent Corporation, which manufacturer protein substitute products, was compelled to formulate products free of algal flour due to violent illness caused by the algal flour.
Algal Proteins Market: Regional Analysis
Since, health awareness and consumer expenditure on niche and premium food ingredients is high in regions such as North America, Western Europe, China and Japan, the demand for algal proteins is also high in these regions. Currently, food innovation is the key focus of the food processors in the developed regions which paves more opportunities for the growth of the algal proteins market. In APEJ, manufacturers are being increasingly confronted with the challenge of contamination, from where the algae for the extraction of algal proteins is sourced from. Since food regulations in the developed regions are stringent, European manufacturers find it hard to source the raw materials from regions like APEJ, obstructing international trade of algal proteins. On the other hanc, in countries like India, initiatives by the government are also encouraging demand for algal proteins. For instance, in March 2016, the Karnataka government, a state government in India launched Balposhna scheme for eradicating malnutrition. Under this scheme, the government provided 2gm of Spirulina for 180 days to 25,000 children across the state.
Algal Proteins Market: Key Participants
Some of the market participants in the algal proteins market are:
- AlgaEnergy, S.A.
- Power Organics
- Corbion Biotech, Inc.
- Affinity Energy and Health Limited
- Algatech Ltd, etc.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Algal Proteins market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as product type, application, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Algal Proteins Market Segments
- Algal Proteins Market Dynamics
- Algal Proteins Market Size
- Algal Proteins Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to Algal Proteins Market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in Algal Proteins Market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of Algal Proteins
- Value Chain Analysis of the Algal Proteins Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Oligofructose Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Algal Proteins Market Segmentation
The algal proteins market is segment on the basis of source, end use and nature.
On the basis of source, the algal proteins market is segmented into-
On the basis of end use, the algal proteins market is segmented into-
- Food and Beverage
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
- Cosmetics & Personal care
On the basis of nature, the algal proteins market is segmented into-
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the algal proteins market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the algal proteins market
- Competitive landscape of the algal proteins market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on algal proteins market performance
- Must-have information for algal proteins market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Oligofructose Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Oligofructose Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Oligofructose Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Oligofructose Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)