This Packaging Testing Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Packaging Testing Equipment market.
For reducing the damages in transport, and ensure the safety of products from production to shipment process is expected to boost the demand for packaging testing equipment market. The packaging testing equipment is used for checking the quality of packages and its tolerance to the factors such as compression, vibration, and friction. For testing of such parameters, manufacturers are offering different types of packaging testing equipment. Moreover, packaging testing equipment is used for determining the sustainability of a packaging against the factors such as environmental, physical, and chemical factors as these factors can affect the product quality if not packed correctly. The industries such as food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, and FMCG are facing challenges while maintaining the shelf life of their products. The increasing demand for longer shelf life of products is achieved through standard packaging and this factor is fuelling the adoption of packaging testing equipment. Due to changing customer expectations, packaging of products is nowadays considered as one of the prime factors for attracting the customers as the quality of packing is ultimately affecting the image of product. Considering such factor, the demand for packaging testing equipment is expected to increase significantly over forecast period
Longer Shelf Life of Food and Beverage Products Driving Market Growth
Packaging testing equipment is expected to gain traction in food and beverages industry. The key objectives of food and beverages industry is to ensure longer shelf life of products for avoiding the loss of revenue generation. Also, demand for packaged food is increasing which is increasing production of food and beverages and ultimately driving the growth of packaging testing equipment. Moreover, the environmental factors such as humidity, sunlight, and temperature easily affects the product quality when it comes in direct contact and packaging acts as insulation for these products. This parameter is accelerating the adoption of packaging testing equipment in healthcare and pharmaceutical industry.
Stringent Government Regulations for Packaging
The government of different countries are executing strict regulations for maintaining a standard quality and safety of products by following standards such as ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), ISTA (International Safe Transit Association), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), and others.
- The standards such as, ISTA (International Safe Transit Association) have predefined test for testing the packaging of products. The pass and fail results from testing defines the quality of packaging. These tests are used to check that the product will survive or not in shipment process.
Considering such international standards, the packaging testing equipment manufacturers are focusing on offering the regulations and standards compliant testing equipment to the industry users so that their products are safe in shipment process.
- For example, Presto which is a one of the leading manufacturer of testing instruments based in India offers packaging testing equipment as per industrial standards. ‘Box Compression Tester’ is one the packaging testing equipment offered by company and it is ASTM D4169, ASTM D642, ISO 12048 compliant. This packaging testing equipment is used for testing materials such as boxes, cartons, glass, and ceramic.
High Cost of Packaging Testing Equipment Hindering Market Growth
The high cost of packaging testing equipment is one of the significant challenge affecting the growth of market. The high cost of these testers limits the adoption of these testers from industries present in underdeveloped countries. This factor ultimately restricts the growth of market.
Packaging Testing Equipment Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the prominent players in packaging testing equipment are Test Techno Consultants, Presto, SGS S.A., Intertek Group Plc., Eurofins Scientific SE, Thwing Albert, ALS Limited, AMETEK.Inc., Testing Machines, Inc., and Angels Instruments.
Packaging Testing Equipment Market: Regional Overview
Considering the demand for packaging testing equipment, North America and Europe region are expected to hold significant market share in global packaging testing equipment market. The increasing focus of enterprises across industry verticals such as food and beverages and pharmaceuticals on improving the packaging quality is driving the market growth in these regions. Moreover, APEJ region is expected to register significant CAGR growth rate over forecast period for the demand of packaging testing equipment in this region. The increasing focus of governments of countries such as India, China, Australia, and others for maintaining safety of consumable products as they are coming in direct contact with packaging material is increasing demand for packaging testing equipment in this region.
- For example, FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) have standards such as IS 10146 for checking contact of Polyethylene with foodstuffs, IS 10142 for checking Styrene Polymers contact with foodstuffs, and others. These standards are verified using packaging testing equipment by testing plastics which is in contact with food items.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan ( Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Packaging Testing Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Packaging Testing Equipment Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of Packaging Testing Equipment Market on the Basis of Material Type:
Segmentation of Packaging Testing Equipment Market on the Basis of Testing Type:
- Vibration Testing
- Compression Testing
- Tensile Strength Testing
- Friction Testing
- Drop Testing
- Puncture Testing
Segmentation of Packaging Testing Equipment Market on the Basis of Industry:
- Food and beverages
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Transportation and Logistics
- Personal Care Products
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Packaging Testing Equipment Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Packaging Testing Equipment Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Packaging Testing Equipment Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Packaging Testing Equipment Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.