This Packaging Waste Recycling market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Packaging Waste Recycling market.
Introduction and Need of the Product:
Eliminating packaging waste is the major concern in today’s world. Both developed and developing countries are continuously implementing several rules and regulations to curb and recycle immense waste generated from plastic, paper, glass, and metal packaging products. Growing concern towards plastic waste may lead to ban on plastic packaging products in some of the countries. Plastic waste has increased substantially in the last ten years due to increase in demand for packaged food and consumer goods globally. It is estimated that less than 40% of all plastic waste is recycled all over the world. The large proportion of this waste ends up in landfill or thrown into the ocean. Non-biodegradable plastic such as Polyethylene, Polypropylene, PVC, etc. takes more than 400 years to degrade. Packaging waste, if not recycled, may pollute the environment and create serious health problems. More than 50% of the plastic waste collected worldwide is household waste. Household waste comprises of bottles, jars, buckets, equipment, etc. Packaging companies are focusing to reduce the weight of a packaging product to further reduce consumption of the packaging material which in turn generate less waste. PET is widely used material for the packaging of bottled water, beverages, and other household products. It is cheap and highly recyclable plastic material. Despite being highly recyclable material, PET recycling rates are very low in most of the regions including Europe and North America.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Packaging Waste Recycling Market: Market Dynamics
Recycling rates are increasing at a much faster pace than before due to growing concern over the use of plastic all over the world. Recently, Saudi Arabia government imposed a ban on non-biodegradable plastic packaging products, it has directed the use of only oxo-biodegradable products provided by supplier, certified by Saudi Arabia government. It is estimated that Americans throw away more than 34 billion plastic bottles every year which creates enormous waste in the country and this needs to be recycled every year. Demand for packaging waste recycling is expected to increase substantially in the next few years. One ton of the recycled plastic can save up to 5,700 kWh of electricity, 680 gallons of oil, 98 million Btu’s of energy and more than 30 cubic yards of landfill space. And recycled plastic takes 88% less energy than making plastic from virgin raw materials. Approximately 25% plastic produced in the U.S. is recycled every year. The figure is expected to grow in the next few years as the collection and segregation process become more efficient than before. Glass is also a highly recyclable material and glass bottles could also be reused again and again for long period of time. However, only 20-30% of the glass products used today are sourced from recycled material. It is estimated that every ton of recycled glass material could save up to 693 pounds of carbon dioxide. Also, the manufacturing process of producing recycled glass is less complex than making it from virgin raw material. Metal packaging products such as aluminum and steel could also be recycled and reused again and again. Recycled material takes around 95% less energy than making it from virgin raw materials. Every ton of recycled steel could save up to 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1,000 pounds of coal, and 40 pounds of limestone. All of these factors increase the need for packaging waste recycling as recycled material could save a lot of resources from depleting. In case of paper, one ton of recycled paper could save more than 17 trees, 7,000 gallons of water, 460 gallons of oil, more than 587 pounds of air pollution. Some of the restraints in packaging waste recycling market is that any product made up of the composite material is very hard to recycle. However, companies are investing high amounts of money to overcome this problem and gain a competitive edge in the packaging waste recycling market. There are lots of opportunities for the new entrants in the packaging waste recycling market. But the company could succeed only it operates on an efficient waste collection and segregation model.
Packaging Waste Recycling Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of region, the Packaging Waste Recycling market is segmented into seven regions which include North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Japan. Europe & North America dominates the packaging waste recycling market with the highest number of recycling companies in the region. Both of these regions have very efficient waste collection and segregation technologies which help recycling companies to collect waste systematically. Also, increasing opportunities in the packaging waste recycling market will attract new manufacturers in the region. Asia-Pacific generates the highest amount of packaging waste globally and also there is very low penetration of recycling companies in the region. Also, due to lack of proper collection and segregation systems, the recycling process becomes inefficient and costly. Government aids could help smaller companies to grow and change the packaging waste recycling landscape of the region. In MEA region, most of the countries are planning to ban plastic in the country which will ultimately decrease the demand for plastic recycling in the region. However, it is estimated that there are still good growth prospects in the MEA region due to very high consumption of the plastic products which will not easily diminish in few years. In Latin America, Brazil and Argentina create enormous opportunities for the new entrants in the packaging waste recycling market.
Packaging Waste Recycling Market: Market Players
Some of the key players in the Packaging Waste Recycling market are KW Plastic, Inc., B. Schoenberg & Co. Inc., B & B Plastics, Inc., Green Line Polymers, Inc., Custom Polymers Inc., Clean Tech Incorporated, Joe's Plastics Inc., RJM International, Inc., Clear Path Recycling, LLC, CarbonLite Industries LLC, WTE Corporation, Plasgran Ltd., REPLAS, CarbonLite Industries LLC, DS Smith Plc, Hanna Paper Recycling, Inc., International Paper Company, National Fiber Supply LLC, Pioneer Industries International Inc., Ball Corporation, Greenblott Metal Co.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Packaging Waste Recycling Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Packaging Waste Recycling Market: Market Segmentation:
Packaging Waste Recycling Market Segmentation: By Material Type
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Others (PVC, PS, etc.)
Packaging Waste Recycling Market Segmentation: By Product Type
- Bottles & Jars
- Bags & Pouches
- Packaging Films & Labels
- Trays & Containers
- Folding Cartons
- Corrugated Boxes
- Newsprint Paper
Packaging Waste Recycling Market Segmentation: By Technology
- Mechanical Recycling
- Chemical Recycling
Packaging Waste Recycling Market Segmentation: By Source Industry
- Agriculture & Allied Industries
- Consumer Good
- Food & Beverages
- Building & Construction
- Textile & Apparels
- Chemicals & Fertilizers
- Other Industrial
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Packaging Waste Recycling Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Packaging Waste Recycling Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Packaging Waste Recycling Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Packaging Waste Recycling Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)