This Biodegradable Films market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Biodegradable Films market.
Global Biodegradable Films Market: Overview
Plastic proves its significant place in the packaging due to its cost-effectiveness and durability. But rising intolerance to the plastic for single-use packaging is creating the need for highly sustainable solutions. The packaging industry is making efforts to introduce eco-friendly and yet effective packaging solutions to end-users. Biodegradable films, aluminum foil and paper-based packaging are some of the newer solutions for sustainable packaging to which industry giants are looking to opt for. The packaging market is expected to witness the higher demand for biodegradable films in the foreseeable future. Both types are 100% compostable. Due to the special bio-additives in the degradable resin, the film decomposes to water, bio-compost, and carbon-dioxide. The regulatory authorities across the globe developed international standards for compostability which includes ASTM 6400 (in America), AS 4736 (in Australia), En13432 (in Europe), and Green Pla (in Japan). The manufacturers have to comply with these standards to market their biodegradable films in different regions.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Biodegradable Films Market: Dynamics
The Agricultural Sector to Boost the Demand for Biodegradable Mulch Films
The mulch films developed from the biodegradable films are gaining traction across the globe. Biodegradable films are increasing by agriculture sector owing to its temperature maintaining, speed up ability in germination and cultivation cycles. Furthermore, rising demand in the agricultural sector to improve crop in suitable conditions is a key driver for the global market for biodegradable films.
Capacity Expansion by Manufacturers to Leverage Lucrative Opportunity from Biodegradable Films Market
The packaging films manufacturers are focusing on the expansion of biodegradable films offerings owing to increased demand from the end-users.
- In January 2020, Monta, a German manufacturer and suppliers of self-adhesive tape, launched a new self-adhesive tape, monta biopack®.
- In 2018, Zummit Plastics, a manufacturer of high-end machine and hand application stretch film products, expanded its PE biodegradable films production.
Additionally, organizations and universities are researching on the development of biodegradable films from the new materials to offer more options to manufacturers. In January 2020, the University of New South Wales discovered an innovative way to turn banana plantation waste into biodegradable packaging material.
Global Biodegradable Films Market: Geographical Outlook
The popularity of biodegradable films in North America and Europe is expected to gaining traction owing to local governments push toward sustainability and manufacturers increased research and development activities. The ban on plastic and consumers’ acceptance for biodegradable packaging options are expected to speed up the growth of the biodegradable films market in the coming decade. Japan, China and India are planning to reduce 100% of single-use plastic by the end of 2025, which is expected to boost the demand for biodegradable films in the Asia Pacific region. Latin America and Middle East & Africa regions witnessed sluggish growth for biodegradable films market in the past five years, which is projected to accelerate in the next decade.
Global Biodegradable Films Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global biodegradable films market are as follows:
- Taghleef Industries Group
- Cortec Corporation
- Clondalkin Group
- Futamura Group
- Storopack, Inc.
- Transilwrap Co., Inc.
- Accredo Packaging, Inc.
- POLYNOVA Industries Inc.
- Tipa Corporation
- Plastiroll Oy Ltd.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on biodegradable films market segments and geographies.
Regional Analysis Includes-
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia
- East Asia
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Biodegradable Films Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Biodegradable Films Market: Segmentation
The global biodegradable films market has been segmented into material, application, thickness, and end-user industry.
On the basis of material, the global biodegradable films market has been segmented into:
- Bio-LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene)
- Bio-MDPE (Low Density Polyethylene)
- Bio-HDPE (Low Density Polyethylene)
- Bio-based PLA (Polylactic Acid)
On the basis of application, the global biodegradable films market has been segmented into:
- Mulch Films
- Wrapping Films
- Others (Sheets, etc.)
On the basis of thickness, the global biodegradable films market has been segmented into:
- Up to 1 mil
- 1-3 mil
- Above 3 mil
On the basis of end-user industry, the global biodegradable films market has been segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
- Waste Management
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing biodegradable films market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth biodegradable films market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered operating in the biodegradable films market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on biodegradable films market performance
- Must-have information for biodegradable films market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Biodegradable Films Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Biodegradable Films Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Biodegradable Films Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Biodegradable Films Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)