Biodegradable Baby Diapers Market Outlook
Most of the baby diapers used today are not eco-friendly or biodegradable. In fact, disposable baby diaper takes centuries to decompose fully. According to the Clean Air Council, in the US people throw around 49 Mn diapers per day and making it a third largest source of household garbage. However, baby diapers are one of the largest contributors to landfills and can harm animals, humans, as well as the environment. Thus, nowadays, consumers are demanding for eco-friendly baby diapers to prevent baby from rashes, keep them dry as well as reduce landfills. Moreover, various manufacturers are inclining towards the development of innovative solutions such as biodegradable baby diapers with non-chlorine, latex, and dye-free materials to meet growing consumers demand for environmentally friendly baby diapers. Manufacturers are also introducing novel biodegradable baby diapers made of cornstarch material instead of plastic and without bleaching with chlorine that emits toxins into the water and air.
Reasons for Covering Biodegradable Baby Diapers Market Title
Consumers are seeking for environmentally friendly diapering options such as gDiapers, developing innovative technologies such as nanotechnologies that can minimize the environmental impact of disposable baby diapers, and increasing birth rate in developing countries are the factors influencing the growth of the biodegradable baby diapers market in the near future. Additionally, according to March of Dimes- a non-profit organization, over the last few years, there is an increase in premature birth rate across the US along with growing demand for hybrid diaper are some other factors fueling the growth of the biodegradable baby diapers market during the forecast period. In 2017, the premature birth rate was around 9.9% of total births in the US compared to 2016.
Global Biodegradable Baby Diapers Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global biodegradable baby diapers market are GroVia, Naty AB, Hengan International Group Company Limited, Seventh Generation, Inc., The Honest Company, The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Kao Corporation, Bumkins Company, The Procter & Gamble Company, Svenska Cellulosa AB, Ontex Group, Unicharm Corporation, and others. GroVia provides one of the best environmentally-friendly hybrid biodegradable baby diapers solution that contains both cloth absorbency and a waterproof layer made from biodegradable and compostable materials.
Companies are developing some eco-friendly and chlorine free diaper solutions, growing hygiene concern among consumers attributed to an increase in demand for biodegradable baby diapers during the forecast period. Moreover, various manufacturers are developing hybrid baby diapers by combining both cloth and eco-friendly disposable components, the rise in environmentally-conscious consumers, and growing product premiumization trend is expected to increase the biodegradable baby diapers market during the forecast period.
Opportunities for Global Biodegradable Baby Diapers Market Participants
Various manufacturers that offer disposable biodegradable baby diapers emphasizing on developing innovative raw materials that are less harmful to the environment along with shifting consumer preference are the factors due to which biodegradable baby diapers market revenue is expected to grow at a rapid growth rate, over the forecast period. Many companies are also focused on developing innovative cloth and reusable diapers to reduce disposable diaper waste. Moreover, development of ultra-absorbent core technology that enables the production of thinner biodegradable baby diapers and steady growth in online sales channel for distributing product direct to customers is the primary factor accelerating the growth of the biodegradable baby diapers market.
Brief Approach to Research
FMI will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the type, application, and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Global Biodegradable Baby Diapers: Market Segmentation
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global biodegradable baby diapers market has been segmented as –
- Store-Based Retailing
- Convenience Stores
- Discount Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Groceries
- Online Retailer
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.