This Potassium Propionate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Potassium Propionate market.
With increasing competitiveness in the food industry, manufacturers are continuously focusing upon new product innovations to suffice the demand for advanced food and beverage products among the consumers. Food preservatives offer an opportunistic platform for manufacturers to broaden their product offerings. They form key component of food processing. Preservatives may be found in natural or synthetic form. Propionates are widely used as preservatives in the limited permissible amounts in food products.
Potassium propionates are potassium salts of propionic acid. Potassium propionate belongs to fatty acid preservative due the presence of propionic acid as its active ingredient. Potassium propionate is widely used in bakery products to enhance their shelf life. The permissible dosage of potassium propionate to be used in bakery product is 0.3%. Apart from bakery products, potassium propionate is used as anti-roping and anti-moulding agents. Apart from chemical synthesis, potassium propionate can be naturally obtained from fermented food by bacteria such as swiss cheese.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
With changing lifestyle, consumers are drifting towards convenient food options such as processed and canned food products. Thereby, influencing the growth for potassium propionate market as food preservative. Due its preservative properties, potassium propionate helps to increase the shelf life and maintain the quality of the food over the prolonged period of time. The potassium propionate exhibits properties of antimicrobial agent hence, inhibits the growth of microorganisms by retarding their process of acidification. Thereby, preventing contamination of food products. Hence, deriving the growth of the potassium propionate market. Apart from antimicrobial properties, it also helps in inhibiting the growth of molds in animal feed. Potassium propionate is more effective in inhibiting the growth of fungi rather than bacteria. Hence, is considered to be preferred choice among bakery manufacturers. Potassium propionate as form of raw materials in manufacturing of perfumes and plastic.
However, as consumers are drifting towards naturally obtained products. This may hinder the growth of potassium propionate market as it is also available in synthetic form. Moreover, artificial preservatives are associated with health hazards. Potassium propionate is also associated with certain side effects such as it may suppress the immune functions, effects digestive function and may also result in neurotoxicity among children when consumed in high dosage.
Global Potassium Propionate Market: Segmentation
Global Potassium Propionate Market: Region wise Outlook
The global potassium propionate market is categorised into seven regions, namely, Western Europe, Eastern Europe Middle East and Africa (MEA), Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, Latin America and, North America. North America accounts for largest share of potassium propionate market. With increased consumption of processed and canned food products, demand for potassium propionate is expected to increase in North America. Asia Pacific region represents to be potential market for the growth of potassium propionate. In Asia Pacific region, Australia is regarded to capture major share of the market due to highest levels of permissible limit to be used as preservative. Thus, presenting an opportunistic platform for the potassium propionate manufactures. Europe also accounts for significant share of potassium propionate market owing to increase use of food preservatives.
Global Potassium Propionate Market: Key Players
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and grades.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Potassium Propionate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of end-use, potassium propionate market is segmented into:-
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed
- Personal Care
On the basis of application, potassium propionate market is segmented into:-
- Food preservative
- Mold inhibitor
- Antimicrobial agents
Some of the prominent players identified in the global potassium propionate market includes:
- Triveni chemicals
- Sigma-Aldrich Co.LLC.
- A.M Food Chemcial Co., Limited.
- Aadhunik Industries
- HJTEC International Limited
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (TCI)
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2016
- Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Potassium Propionate Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Potassium Propionate Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Potassium Propionate Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Potassium Propionate Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)