This Psychotropic Drugs market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Psychotropic Drugs market.
Essential psychotropic drugs are classified as the medicine that satisfies the primary mental health care requirements of target population. These drugs are categorized as psychotropic medicines based on their public health relevance, comparative cost-effectiveness of the drug and evidence of drug efficacy and safety. According to the WHO, the psychotropic drugs with assured quality must be always available in adequate amounts and appropriate dosage forms under context of functioning mental health delivery systems. These drugs must be availed to target population at an affordable price. The majority of essential psychotropic drugs are indicated to treat symptoms of mental disorders, slow down course of mental disorders, diminish disability and avoid relapse in a patient. A wide range of pharmacological treatments are available for managing mental disorders. Some of the treatments proved to be efficient in acute stages thereby preventing relapses. However, it still remains unclear when it comes to the drug’s effectiveness in long-term treatment care. High adoption for newly developed psychotropic drugs - antipsychotics over the conventional neuroleptics has been registered owing to their cost-effectiveness. Despite of being expensive, psychotropic drugs are registered to have few side effects, thus improving patient adherence to the treatment.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Psychotropic Drugs Market: Drivers and Restraints
According to WHO, more than four fifth of 50 million people diagnosed with epilepsy expected to be living in developing countries followed by 90 percent in developing countries are not getting access to appropriate treatment. This creates ample opportunities for the new entrants to increase their footprint in developing countries and is expected to be the primary factor driving growth of psychotropic drugs market. Relatively additional research funding along with moderate know-how is expected to bring substantial and sustainable improvements in access to psychotropic drugs, thereby driving revenue generation in global psychotropic drugs market. Also, the few side-effects registered with consumption of antidepressants and antipsychotic drugs is anticipated to boost their demand, thus driving revenue generation in psychotropic drugs market. However, lack of regular access to the essential psychotropic drugs may withhold the growth of psychotropic drugs market. Also, high dependence and misuse of psychotropic drugs mainly anxiolytics and hypnotics hinders the growth of psychotropic drugs market.
Psychotropic Drugs Market: Overview
The psychotropic drugs market is expected to register high revenue over the forecast period due to increased application of these drugs for treatment of depressive disorders, epilepsy, dementia, affective disorders, schizophrenia, post- traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, primary insomnia and obsessive and compulsive disorders. The antidepressants fall under the major class for psychotropic drugs and as per the World Health Organization, depression is registered to be the common mental disorder affecting over 300 million people across the world. Anti-psychotics and antidepressants are the most widely preferred psychotropic drugs, thereby collectively registering for majority of revenue share in the global psychotropic drugs market. Based on the distribution channel, hospital pharmacies followed by retail pharmacies registers to be the leading distribution channel segment in global psychotropic drugs market. Though mental and behavioral disorders are anticipated to account for approximately 12% of global disease burden, only limited population receive access to basic treatment.
Psychotropic Drugs Market: Regional Overview
Among the regional presence, North America is anticipated to be the most lucrative market for psychotropic drugs owing to increasing preference for antidepressants and anti-psychotic drugs among target population in the U.S. North America and Europe cumulatively accounts for the significant revenue share in psychotropic drugs market due to presence of favorable reimbursement for drugs in most of the European countries. Middle East and Africa and Asian countries however are the least lucrative market for psychotropic drugs owing to least access received by target population.
Psychotropic Drugs Market: Key Players
Some of the major psychotropic drug manufacturers present over the globe are Pfizer Inc., Ely Lilly and Company, Forest Laboratories, Mylan N.V., Randox Laboratories Ltd., FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report on Psychotropic Drugs Market covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Psychotropic Drugs Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific excluding China & Japan (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report on Psychotropic Drugs Market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report on Psychotropic Drugs Market provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report on Psychotropic Drugs Market also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Psychotropic Drugs Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Psychotropic Drugs Market: Segmentation
The global psychotropic drugs market is classified on the basis of drug type, distribution channel, and region.
Based on drug type psychotropic drugs market is segmented into following:
- Anti-psychotics (AP)
- Antidepressants (AD)
- Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs)
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs)
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Mood Stabilizers (MS)
- Anti-Anxiety (AA)
- Antiepileptic drugs (AEDs)
Based on distribution channel psychotropic drugs market is segmented into following:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
Psychotropic Drugs Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Psychotropic Drugs Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Psychotropic Drugs Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Psychotropic Drugs Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Psychotropic Drugs Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)