This Retractable Needles market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Retractable Needles market.
A retractable needle has a sheath of protection over it. The needle retracts into the barrel shaped protection to protect the healthcare professionals and other patients from accidental needle stick injuries. Needle sticks are a source of infections affecting millions of practioners. Technology advancements have led to manufacturing of retractable needles which are better than the conventional needles. When a conventional needle is used there are chances of infection if the same needle is injected onto the other patient accidently. United States accounts for approximately 300,000 needle stick injuries which further leads to HIV and hepatitis infections. Moreover the conventional needles had increased the risk of diseases.
The major advantages of Retractable Needles are that they are very easy to use and ensure that after a single use of the syringe will not be able to use for the second time. The retractable needles are cost-effective. Moreover World health organization is campaign in many countries to start using auto disable syringes as they reduce the spread of infection and diseases.
The manufacturers functioning in the Retractable Needles market are actively involved in collaborations and mergers, which are expected to increase the demand for Retractable Needles market. The companies such as Retractable Technologies, Inc., are focusing to developing better versions of Retractable Needles which will harm less to the patients, and can be responsible for a large revenue share in the retractable needle market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Retractable Needles Market: Market Dynamics
Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cancer and tuberculosis are driving retractable needles market. Also growing incidences of diseases from reusing the conventional needles is also driving the market for retractable needles. According to WHO 16 Bn injections are used per annum. Also unsafe usage of conventional needles have been observed which is causing widespread infections. The usage of retractable needles also decrease the needle stick injuries. Moreover the retractable needles are time saving, reduce waste volume and are considered safe. Also diseases such as HIV and blood borne diseases affects with the use of conventional syringes which would further increase the adoption of retractable needles over a period of time. The retractable syringes allows the health workers to feel safe by reducing the risk of infections. The retractable needles protect both the patients as well as physicians which would further drive the market for retractable needle market. Moreover they are easy to use and allows single handed applications.
Increasing geriatric population, are expected to increase the growth of Retractable Needles market as well. Other important factors such as increasing number of diagnostic laboratories and Technological advancements is expected to increase the growth of Retractable Needles market.
Apart from the factors driving the disposable needle guide market, there are some factors which can hinder the growth of Retractable Needles market. Restraints such as high cost of treatment and diagnosis, lack of awareness in some of the emerging regions, are expected to hinder the growth of Retractable Needles market.
Retractable Needles Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, global Retractable Needles market has been segmented into seven to eight key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia and Oceania. North America is expected to hold the highest share in the global Retractable Needles market due to presence of well-established healthcare, awareness about the product, infrastructure and availability of technologically advanced products. Increase in standard practice in the United States, other countries in the EU and Australia is expected to increase the market for retractable needles market. Moreover the countries are working towards implementing requirements for health professionals to use retractable needles. Asia Pacific is also expected to register a high revenue growth in the Retractable Needles market due to increasing population and increasing healthcare awareness among the people.
Retractable Needles Market: Key Players
There are many companies associated with the manufacturing of Retractable Needles market. The key players operating in the Retractable Needles market follow promotional strategies such as partnerships with other companies, development of new and advanced products. Some of the key players present in global Retractable Needles market are Becton, Dickinson and Company, Retractable Technologies, Inc., Numedico Pty Ltd, Axel Bio Corporation, AccuPoint, Smiths Group plc. and many more companies manufacturing retractable needles.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Retractable Needles Market Segments
- Retractable Needles Market Dynamics
- Retractable Needles Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Retractable Needles Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Retractable Needles Market: Segmentation
The Retractable Needles market is segmented by Product Type, end user and region:
Retractable Needles Market Segmentation by Product Type
- Automatic-retractable syringes
- Manual-retractable syringes
- Spring Loaded Retractable syringes
Retractable Needles Market Segmentation by End users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Detailed overview of parent Retractable Needles market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Retractable Needles Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Retractable Needles Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Retractable Needles Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Retractable Needles Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)