This Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging market.
Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market: An Overview
Growing awareness for the environment has led to the demand for starch-based bioplastics packaging. Shifting preference from petrochemical products to eco-friendly substitutes is expected to have a significant impact on the starch-based bioplastics packaging. Bioplastic is derived from renewable resources such as agro/food sources. To enhance the mechanical properties and water barrier properties, it can be blended easily with other polymer and nanofillers. Starch-based bioplastics are suitable for manufacturing of compostable packaging products. OEMs have increased their expenditure for the development of bio-based materials to reduce reliability on petrochemicals which is expected to increase the availability for starch-based bioplastics.
Plastics are heavily used in many end-use industries which had led to the filling of landfill wastes through the years. To curb the problems associated with materials which cannot be degraded for centuries is of high concern for various governments. This is expected to increase the market demand for starch-based bioplastics packaging.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market: Dynamics
The production of starch-based bioplastics is simple and they are widely used for packaging applications. The tensile strength of starch-based bioplastics is suitable for various packaging applications. The availability of raw materials such as cassava, potatoes, maize, rice and wheat in abundance and this is likely to boost the market demand for starch-based bioplastics packaging. Furthermore, the significant use of starch-based films in the packaging sector for food packaging, cosmetics packaging, pharmaceuticals packaging, and goods packaging favours market growth. Bio-based material used in combination with suitable recyclable PE and PET have resulted in a decisive growth for the starch-based bioplastics packaging and has resulted in the decrease of carbon-dioxide releases. In addition, brand owners are choosing sustainable packaging to promote their brand as an eco-friendly brand. This is likely to enhance the brand loyalty and reputation of the brand in the market. Research & development and government subsidies on the use of starch-based bioplastics to reduce the disposal issues of conventional plastics which increases the landfills and sea are likely to increase the market demand for starch-based bioplastics packaging.
However, the starch-based bioplastics are higher in cost compared to conventional plastics due to raw material availability and R & D cost. This might hinder the growth of the market in the short run. The growing environmental concerns are likely to generate hiked market demand for starch-based bioplastics packaging in the years to come.
Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market: Regional Outlook
Europe is likely to dominate the starch-based bioplastics packaging market owing to the stringent regulations against the consumption of conventional plastics along with the popularity of sustainable packaging in various end-use industries. The growth for starch-based bioplastics packaging is aided by government policies and environmental awareness amongst the population. Furthermore, Asia Pacific is likely to be a potential market in the near future on account of the growing packaging industry in countries of China and India such as consumer goods, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries.
Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market: Impact of COVID 19
COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in a subsequent halt in manufacturing activities which is expected to have an impact on the supply chain and the availability of a variety of renewable resources. In addition, the impact of the outbreak is likely to have a significant impact on the imports and exports of chemicals and raw materials. Thus, the demand for starch-based bioplastics packaging is likely to be low for the year 2020. However, the availability of the raw material combined with the R & D is likely to grow the starch-based bioplastics packaging market in the years to come.
Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market: Key Players
Key players in the Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market are as follows,
- Biome Bioplastics
- BASF SE
- Corbion Purac
- Cardia Bioplastic
- Braskem S.A.
- Novamont S.P.A
- Innovia Films.
- Natureworks LLC
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Biobag International
- Metabolix, Inc.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market: Segmentation
Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market can be segmented on the basis of technology, material , type and end-use industry.
By Technology, Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market can be segmented as
- Blow molding
- Injection Molding
By Material, Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market can be segmented as
- Starch blended with PLA
- Starch blended with PHA
- Starch blended with PVOH
- Starch blended with PBS
By Type, Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market can be segmented as
- Rigid Packaging
- Flexible Packaging
By End-Use Industry, Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market can be segmented as
- Home Care Industry
- Health Care Industry
- Personal Care Industry
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Automotive Industry
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Starch-Based Bioplastics Packaging Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)