This Tape Backing Materials market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Tape Backing Materials market.
Tape Backing Materials Market: Introduction and Need of the Product
The global tape market is estimated to be valued at US$ 48 billion in 2018. The market is fragmented in nature in some of the economies of Asia-Pacific and Latin America region due to presence of large number of small-scale and medium-scale manufacturers. Tape backing materials are characterized as the important raw material to produce adhesive tapes. Adhesive is the most important raw material in composition of pressure sensitive tapes as it defines how well it sticks. Some of the most common types of tape backing materials are polypropylene, paper, and polyvinyl chloride. The polypropylene material dominates the global tape backing materials market with the market share of more than 63% in 2017. The demand for tape backing materials is growing at a faster pace in Asia-Pacific region due to high consumption of a variety of tape products. Paper material segment is expected to grow at a CAGR value of 4-5%, during the forecast period, owing to ever-increasing demand for masking tapes for industrial bonding and electronics applications. The demand for PVC backing material is expected to grow in the China but remain weak in the other countries of the world. The increasing demand for tape products will however increase the demand for tape backing materials in the near future.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Tape Backing Materials Market: Market Dynamics
The demand for packaging tapes in increasing at a decent CAGR value due to growing cross-border flow of products and e-commerce industry. Packaging tapes are extensively used to protect products from damage during shipping and transportation. With the high consumption of packaging tapes, the demand for tape backing materials will also grow simultaneously during the forecast period. The demand for polypropylene backing material will outpace other segments in the global tape backing materials market. Manufacturing of tape backing materials require skilled labor and the high cap-ex which in turn emerge as major challenges to the tape backing materials manufacturers across the globe. With the increasing application of tapes in different end-use industries such as electrical & electronics, healthcare, etc., the demand for tape backing materials will also increase at the same pace as tape backing materials are the integral part of the tape products. It is noticed that there are numerous opportunities for the new entrants as well as existing manufacturers to establish good market presence in the global tape backing materials market.
Tape Backing Materials Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of region, the Tape Backing Materials market is segmented as North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, APEJ (Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan), Middle East & Africa, and Japan. The Asia-Pacific region dominates the tape backing materials market in terms of both i.e. consumption and production. The China is the largest consumer of tape backing materials due to the presence of a large number of tape manufacturers in the region. However, the North America and European region occupy the second and third spot in the global tape backing materials market. The U.S. accounts for more than 90% market share in the North America tape backing materials market. In MEA region, the shifting focus of local entrepreneurs to venture into new businesses will drive high growth in tape backing materials market. It should be noted that Saudi Arabia and UAE are the two largest market in the GCC tape backing materials market. Tape backing materials market in Japan is consolidated in nature with the presence of a few players dominating the market. It is noticed that the countries such as Brazil, Mexico, etc. also offer untapped growth potential in the global tape backing materials market.
Tape Backing Materials Market: Market Players
Some of the key players in the Tape Backing Materials market are Tesa SE, Muparo AG, Neenah, Inc., among others.
The tape backing materials market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Tape Backing Materials Market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Tape Backing Materials Market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Tape Backing Materials Market: Regional analysis includes:
- North America Tape Backing Materials Market
- Latin America Tape Backing Materials Market
- Western Europe Tape Backing Materials Market
- Eastern Europe Tape Backing Materials Market
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) Tape Backing Materials Market
- Japan Tape Backing Materials Market
- Middle East & Africa (MEA) Tape Backing Materials Market
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Tape Backing Materials Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Tape Backing Materials Market: Market Segmentation:
Tape Backing Materials Market Segmentation: By Material Type
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- Others Plastics
- Metal Foil
- Woven Fabric
- Other Materials
Tape Backing Materials Market Segmentation: By Application
- Masking Tapes
- Double-Sided Tapes
- Electrical & Electronic Tapes
- Medical Tapes
- Other Tapes
Tape Backing Materials Market Report Highlights:
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Tape Backing Materials Market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Tape Backing Materials Market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Tape Backing Materials Market performance
- Must-have information for Tape Backing Materials Market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Tape Backing Materials Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Tape Backing Materials Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Tape Backing Materials Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Tape Backing Materials Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)