This Terahertz Technology market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Terahertz Technology market.
Over the past two decades, terahertz technology has been witnessing significant advancements on the scientific front. Terahertz technology is an emerging field which has potentials to improve applications ranging from passenger scanning at airports to huge digital data transfers. Terahertz radiation is located between the frequency bands of microwaves and infrared radiation, and are capable of easily penetrating into various materials, including biological tissue. The energy carried by terahertz radiation is low enough to pose no risk to any object under investigation. Technological advancements have enabled terahertz frequency band accessible for imaging systems. Many manufacturers are currently focused on developing new devices that can send and receive radiation of terahertz frequency range. Terahertz technology has found various application in various fields such as spectroscopy, imaging and communication systems, over the years. Additionally, the growing application of terahertz technology in a number of industries for quality check and process control monitoring is expected to enable terahertz components and systems to register a remarkable rise in the coming years.
Terahertz Technology Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing adoption of terahertz technology in industries such as aerospace and defence and homeland security across regions is thereby driving the market for terahertz technology over the forecast period. In addition, some of the prominent drivers for terahertz technology market are factors such as increasing investments in R&D activities, growing penetration of terahertz technology in biology and medical science sectors and increasing applications of high end terahertz devices in research laboratory and process control monitoring processes. On the other hand, factors such as lack of awareness of terahertz technology can result into slow adoption rate and concerns regarding accuracy and reliability issues may act as a major restraint for the terahertz technology market.
Terahertz Technology Market: Segmentation
Terahertz technology market can be segmented on the basis of component, application, vertical and regions. On the basis of component the terahertz technology market can be segmented into terahertz sources, terahertz detectors and others. On the basis of system, the terahertz technology market can be segmented as terahertz imaging, terahertz spectroscopy, terahertz communication systems and others. Whereas the application segment in the terahertz technology market may include industrial, defence & security, biomedical, wireless communication and others.
Terahertz Technology Market: Regional Outlook
Terahertz technology market is dominated by the North America region. North America dominance is attributed to rising adoption of process control in various industries as well as high investments in R&D activities pertaining to terahertz technology by key players based in the region. On the other hand, Asia Pacific Excl. Japan, and Japan is expected to grow at a significantly as compared to the other region in the terahertz technology market and will see a good growth rate in the future. Asia Pacific Excl. Japan is expected to great opportunities terahertz technology market due to the wide presence of manufacturing companies in developing countries, such as China, and India. Eastern Europe, Latin America and MEA is expected to see a moderate growth rate in the terahertz technology market.
Terahertz Technology Market: Competition Landscape
Among the prominent players involved in terahertz technology market, companies such as Advantest Corp, TeraView, EMCORE Corp and Terasense Group, Inc., among others are focusing on organic as well as inorganic strategies to strengthen their position in the terahertz technology market. For instance, in December 2016, Terasense Group, Inc. launched terahertz wave-sources based on ‘IMPATT’ technology for imaging scanners. On the other hand, in 2015, TeraView launched a continuous wave terahertz system ‘CW Spectra 400’ along with fibre fed external devices.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Terahertz technology Market Segments
- Terahertz technology Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Terahertz Technology Points Size & Forecast 2017 To 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Terahertz Technology Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Terahertz Technology
- Terahertz Technology Value Chain
- Terahertz Technology Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Terahertz technology Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Terahertz Technology Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Terahertz Technology Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Terahertz Technology Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Terahertz Technology Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Terahertz Technology Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Terahertz Technology Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.