This Underwater Modems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Underwater Modems market.
Underwater modems are used to transmit data wirelessly through water. With the introduction of underwater modems, users can now communicate, navigate and monitor under water. The use of technologies like Wi-Fi and GPS, beneath the water surface, has been made possible by the introduction of underwater modems. These are also known as acoustic modems. Underwater acoustic communication has low data rates due to the acoustic waves used for transmission rather than the electromagnetic waves. Underwater modems are used in a variety of applications for data gathering and monitoring for marine applications. Different modems are installed based on specific requirements like short-term deployment, long-term deployment and corrosion resistance. The use of underwater modems by the defense industry for communication between submarines is expected to drive the global underwater modem market. Incre’asing investments made in research and development and data monitoring underwater, surveys and environmental studies has led to further growth in the underwater modems market. Moreover, underwater modems are also used for autonomous under vehicle communication. The market for underwater modems is expected to increase at a moderate CAGR over the forecast period.
Global Underwater Modems: Market Dynamics
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The factors that drive the global underwater modems are: the defense industry is increasingly adapting underwater modems for communication between submarines. Moreover, increasing research and development activities and experiments on underwater communications and networks has led to the growth of the underwater modem market.
The one issue that’s majorly impeding the growth of global underwater modems is that these modems function efficiently only up to a particular range and depth. This is one of the major restraints observed in the global underwater modems market. That apart, there are other smaller issues too. Underwater modems suffer from the problem of multipath reflections which distort transmitted signals. Similarly, another restraint affecting the growth of global underwater is the high cost associated with underwater modems -- the cost associated with deployment and maintenance of modems underwater is actually quite high. All of these factors, combined together, are proving to be a big challenge to the growth of the global underwater modems market.
The recent trends observed in the global underwater modems market are: these modems, nowadays, are available with the expanded memory option and data logger standards are also available. Another trend observed is that the global underwater modems are constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide a longer lifespan and also to protect them from deterioration.
Global Underwater Modems: Market Segmentation
The global underwater modems market can be segmented on the basis of application, range, material type, frequency band, direction mode, end use industry and region.
Global Underwater Modems Market: Regional Outlook
North America is expected to hold the maximum share in the global underwater modems market due to the technological advancements and research and developments undertaken in the region for data monitoring and gathering of surveys and environmental industries. Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa are expected to show steady growth over the forecast period. Europe is expected to show comparatively slower growth than North America.
Global Underwater Modems Market: Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified in the global underwater modems market are: DSPComm Co., Ltd, EvoLogics GmbH, LinkQuest Inc., Nortek AS, Ocean Innovations, Teledyne Marine, Aquatec, Subnero Pte. Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Underwater Modems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of application, the global underwater modem can be segmented into:
- Pipeline monitoring systems
- Environmental monitoring system
- Oceanographic instrumentation
- Corrosion monitoring
- Seismic wave monitoring
- Autonomous underwater vehicle communication
On the basis of range, the global underwater modems can be segmented into:
- short range(1000m),
- mid range (2000m)
- long range (6000m)
On the basis of material type, the global underwater modems can be segmented into
- Aluminum alloy
- Stainless steel
On the basis of frequency band, the global underwater modems can be segmented into:
- 9-14 KHz
- 16-21 KHz
- 25-20 KHz
On the basis of mode of direction, the global underwater modems can be segmented into:
- Directional transducers (150 degree beam width)
On the basis of end use industry, the global underwater modems can be segmented into:
- Oil and gas Industry
- Construction Industry
- Defense Industry
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Underwater Modems Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Underwater Modems Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Underwater Modems Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Underwater Modems Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.