Air Transport MRO Market to Grow at 4.8% as the Aviation Industry Reclaims Pre-Pandemic Status: FMI
In a recent market study, ESOMAR-certified consulting firm Future Market Insights (FMI) projects the global air transport MRO market to reach US$ 72.6 Bn in 2021. With gradually increasing air travel and cargo transport rates, the market is poised to exhibit a 4.8% CAGR during the assessment period.
Global Air Transport Mro Market
A recent market study published by Future Market Insights on the market offers global indu...
Sales of air transport MRO services witnessed a downturn in 2020 due to the travel restrictions imposed to contain the novel coronavirus outbreak. However, with resumptions in movement, the market experienced year-over-year growth by 5.0% between 2020 and 2021.
As the pandemic caused various airlines to park aircraft fleets for prolonged periods of time, the demand for air transport MRO services experienced upticks. This has created lucrative opportunities for players operating in the market.
Apart from this, the emergence of connective technologies such as blockchain, cloud computing, and digital twins in aircraft maintenance will continue driving market growth during the forecast period. MRO service providers are benefitting from launching data-driven MRO solutions and the trend is anticipated to prevail in the forthcoming years.
As per FMI’s regional analysis, the U.S. is anticipated to dominate the North American air transport MRO market. Growth can be attributed to expansions in the aviation industry and stringent government regulations mandating the timely inspection of aircraft for maintenance. Additionally, the presence of leading MRO service providers and OEMs will continue driving developments in the air transport MRO market.
“Product developments by OEMs in collaboration with MRO service providers, coupled with expansion of the aviation industry in emerging economies will continue augmenting market growth through 2031,” says the FMI analyst.
- Applications of air transport MRO in the engine segment are estimated to remain high through 2031.
- Based on aircraft type, narrow-body aircraft will dominate the segment.
- The U.S. is anticipated to experience high demand for air transport MRO services, owing to the presence of leading players and a vast military and commercial aviation fleet. The North American air transport MRO market is projected to grow at a 4.5% CAGR.
- The U.K. will emerge as a lucrative market, owing to growing demand for MRO services in the VIP and private jet sectors. The European market is poised to expand at a 4.0% CAGR.
- Demand for air transport MRO will rise at a positive pace in China, due to the addition of new airlines and aircraft fleets.
- Japan and South Korea will collectively account for 4.8% of the total market share.
AAR Corporation, Air France Industries KLM Engineering & Maintenance, Delta TechOps (Delta Corporation Ltd, Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company (HAECO) Ltd, Lufthansa Technik AG, Turkish Technic Inc., Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd, Guangzhou Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Company Limited, Sabena Technics, Aeroman, Airbus SAS, and SIA Engineering Company (SIAEC) are among the air transport MRO market players, as profiled by FMI.
Top 5 players comprise Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited, Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd, Air France–KLM, AAR Corp., and Lufthansa Technik AG, holding 11% of the total market share.
As a part of their growth strategies, prominent players operating in the global air transport MRO market are concentrating on mergers, collaborations, and acquisitions to expand their global footprint. For instance:
- In May 2021, Lufthansa Technik and Airbus teamed up to offer customers with a reversible cargo-in-cabin solution to satisfy urgent flying and transport requirements easily.
- In June 2021, Turkish Technic and Boeing announced the renewal of their tailored package parts agreement, extending the MRO service providers' contract by three years. The contact will allow Turkish Technic to reinforce its reliability, efficiency, and access to a global market of parts and component services.
More Insights into the Air Transport MRO Market Report
In its latest report, FMI offers an unbiased analysis of the global air transport MRO market, providing historical data for the period of 2016-2020 and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of application type (air frame, engine, component and line), aircraft type (narrow body aircraft, wide body aircraft, regional jet and turbo prop) and across seven regions (North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan, and Middle East & Africa).
About the Automotive Division of FMI
The automotive division of FMI offers a novel approach and innovative perspective in the analysis of the industrial automation market. Comprehensive coverage of capital, portable, process, construction, industrial, and special purpose machinery across the manufacturing sector and distinctive analysis about the installed base, consumables, replacement, USP-feature-application matrix make us a pioneering voice in the industry. We are preferred associates with established as well as budding industry stakeholders, and channel partners when it comes to sustaining, growing, and identifying new revenue prospects.
About Future Market Insights (FMI)
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, and has delivery centers in the UK, U.S. and India. FMI's latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. A team of expert-led analysts at FMI continuously tracks emerging trends and events in a broad range of industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their consumers.
- Global Automotive Wiring Harness Market
- Global Hybrid Vehicles Market
- Asia Pacific Automotive Telematics Market
- Global Automotive Turbochargers Market
- Global Emission Control Catalyst Market
- Global Aircraft Cabin Interior Market
- Golf Cart Market
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Market
- Compact Wheel Loaders Market
- Auto Ventilated Seats Market
- Bicycle Chain Market
- Dual Clutch Transmission Market
- Automotive Pumps Market
- Automotive Performance Parts Market
- Flight Tracking System Market