This Acute Migraine Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Acute Migraine Treatment market.
Acute Migraine Treatment: Market Insights
Acute Migraine is episodic, unpredictable headache disorder which is characterized by recurrent attacks. Migraine is the third most prevalent disease worldwide. Acute migraine causes severe throbbing pain and pulsing sensation usually on one side of head. People with acuter migraine have headaches for 14 days a month. People with Acute migraine have fewer headache a month than the people with chronic one. Despite the vast number of migraine cases, only a small percentage of people go for the checkup. However, growing awareness and emergence of new therapies for the treatment of acuter migraine will significantly increase the market for acute migraine treatment in the near future. More than hundreds of clinical trials under going for the acute migraine treatment with more than twenty trial are in the phase 4 which will create huge opportunity for the acute migraine treatment market to rapidly grow in the forecast period. Currently, there are limited number of pharmacological options available for the acute migraine treatment such as triptans, NSAIDs etc. Furthermore, development of new drug provide huge potential for the acute migraine treatment market to fuel in the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Acute Migraine Treatment: Market Dynamics
Rising number of population, growing prevalence of migraine is expected to drive the market of acute migraine treatment is the forecast period. Increasing number of female population as the disease is more prevalent in the females further accelerate the growth of acute migraine treatment market. Growing healthcare expenditure, rising adoption of unhealthy lifestyle, growing awareness regarding the acute migraine and its treatment further spur the market of acute migraine treatment globally.
However, stringent regulation for the drug approval, high cost of treatment, adverse side effect, lack of proper diagnosis and growing preference of alternative therapies are some of the factors which hinder the growth of acute migraine treatment market.
Acute Migraine Treatment: Overview
Emergence of new drug and therapies for the acute migraine treatment is expected to account for the significant growth of the acute migraine treatment in the forecast period. Development of new drugs such as CGRP antagonists provide huge potential for the acute migraine treatment market to grow. Development of new drugs by the key pharmaceutical players such as Amgen, Novartis, Eli Lily and Company and increasing research and development funding will create huge opportunity for the market to grow in the near future. For instance, in 2017, Eli Lilly and Company’s drug for acute migraine treatment succeeded in a key late-stage study, setting the stage for regulatory approval in U.S.
Acute Migraine Treatment: Region-wise Outlook
The North America is expected to contribute to a major share in the global acute migraine treatment, due to growing prevalence of acute migraine along with the increasing funding for the development of new drug with the presence of major pharmaceutical industries. According to Migraine Research Foundation, 39 million of US population suffer from migraine and 1 billion population worldwide. 18% of women, 6% of men, and 10% of children suffers from migraines. In 2015, the medical cost of treating migraine was more than $5.4 billion, although migraine patients spent over $41 billion on treating entire range of migraine. Europe accounts for the second largest market share and register significant growth in the global acute migraine treatment market, due to increasing demand of effective treatment for the acute migraine and adoption of new therapies along with the favorable reimbursement scenarios. Asia Pacific market is primarily driven by the factors such as increasing expenditure of healthcare systems, improvement in the healthcare infrastructure and growing awareness of disease. China is expected to register significant growth in the acute migraine treatment market, due to growing population, low cost of drug and treatment, availability of drugs for the acute migraine treatment. Latin America and Middle East & Africa are projected to show sluggish growth in acute migraine treatment market, due to lack of developed healthcare facilities.
Acute Migraine Treatment: Key Players
Some of the key players present in the global acute migraine treatment market are Amgen, Pfizer Inc., Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Eli Lily and Company, Novartis AG, Johnson and Johnson, Merck & Co., AstraZeneca and Teva Pharmaceutical among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Acute Migraine Treatment Market Segments
- Acute Migraine Treatment Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 – 2016
- Acute Migraine Treatment Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2024
- Acute Migraine Treatment Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Acute Migraine Treatment Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding China
- Middle East & Africa
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Acute Migraine Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Acute Migraine Treatment: Segmentation
The global Acute Migraine Treatment Market is segmented on basis of drug type, distribution channel and geography.
Segmentation by Drug Type
- Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Nonspecific Migraine Medications
Segmentation by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Acute Migraine Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Acute Migraine Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Acute Migraine Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Acute Migraine Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)