This Audio Codec Market market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Audio Codec Market market.
Audio codec is device or software that converts analog audio signals digital signals for transmission or storage. Hardware component of audio codec are devices which feature both analog-to-digital converter and digital-to-analog converter used in sound cards to support audio in and audio out functions. Software component of audio codec are computer programs capable of compressing or decompressing digital audio data according to media audio coding format.
Global audio codec market is expected to witness fastest growth due to the high adoption rate of earphones, headphone, and wireless audio devices during the forecast period. Changing lifestyle of urban population, increasing adoption of wireless headsets and other related devices is among the prominent trend in global audio codec market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The rapidly growing demand for smartphones, tablet and other mobile devices is attributed to fuel the growth of global audio codec market. The rise in population and increasing disposable income of the population with mobile device being available at reasonable prices is encouraging the growth of global audio codec market. Advancement in technology and increasing penetration of internet are few factors that are positively impacting the growth of global audio codec market.
However, continuous optimization of component size of featured in audio codec devices is a challenge faced by the key vendors in the market. With the technological innovation there is a gradual decrease in usage of optical media products which is a factor that impacts negatively to the growth of global audio codec market.
Audio Codec Market: Segmentation
Audio codec market can be segmented on the basis of component type, type of channel, compression type, application and regions.
On the basis of component type, audio codec market can be segmented into hardware and software.
On the basis of type of channel, audio codec market can be segmented into mono-codec, stereo codec and multi-channel codec.
On the basis of compression type, audio codec market can be segmented into non-compression, lossless compression, lossy compression and others.
On the basis of application, audio codec market can be segmented into PCs and laptops, mobile phones and tablets, television, gaming console, wearable devices (headphone, earphones and others), media devices, automotive infotainment and others.
Audio Codec Market: Regional Overview
Regionally, global audio codec market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East and Africa.
Asia Pacific audio codes market is among the regions that hold the maximum revenue share in 2016 as many manufacturers are investing in staring their designing and developing facilities in countries of this region. North America, Western Europe and Japan are few other key regions that contribute to the global revenue of audio codec market to a greater extent.
Audio Codec Market: Competition Landscape
Few prominent players in the global audio codec market include Texas Instruments Incorporated, DSP Group, Inc., Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. Dolby Laboratories, Inc. Technicolor SA, Fraunhofer IIS, Cirrus Logic, Inc. Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Analog Devices Inc. and among others
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Audio Codec Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Audio Codec Market Segments
- Audio Codec Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Audio Codec Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Value Chain
- Audio Codec Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Audio Codec Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Audio Codec Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint