Below-the-knee implants are used to replace or resurface the damaged knee to treat pain and disability. It is mostly used for treating osteoarthritis, and also for other diseases such as psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
An artificial component is used to replace the damaged knee, known as an implant. It performs the same function as that of the knee.The surgical procedure of knee replacement is called arthroplasty.
There are various materials used in the used to make below-the-knee implants such as plastics, metal alloys and polymers. Implants vary depending on the severity of the damage.
The demand for below-the-knee implants is increasing due to the rising proportion of the ageing population which has increased arthritis and osteoporosis patients across the world.
Below-the-knee implants Market: Drivers and Restraints-
Below-the-knee implants market is growing with the increasing prevalence of osteoarthritis patients which leads to rising demand for knee implant surgeries across the world.
Rising awareness about knee implant surgeries is expected to drive the growth of the below-the-knee implants market. Additionally, favorable reimbursement for surgical procedures is expected to drive the growth of below-the-knee implants market.
Advancement in the technology is further likely to add novel opportunities in below-the-knee implants market. Due to high industry competition, the overall market size is increasing.
The high cost of knee replacement surgery could restrict the growth of below-the-knee implants market. This has forced the hospitals to cut the cost of the procedure to accommodate more patients while providing treatment.
Below-the-knee Implants Market: Overview
Based on the procedure, the total knee replacement procedure is expected to be the most preferred procedure in the below-the-knee implant market. Based on the implant type, fixed bearing implant segment is growing and is expected to be the most popular implant in the global below-the-knee implants market.
Based on the material, stainless still is expected to dominate the below-the-knee implant market. Based on the end-user, hospitals are expected to be the most profitable segment in the global below-the-knee implants market.
Over the last several decades, management of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis have improved. The market for below-the-knee implant is getting more crowded as technologies advance and gain wider acceptance.
Advancement in technologies has eased the task of replacement surgeries by providing minimally invasive and computer-assisted robotic techniques.
Additionally, emerging various biotechnology companies are giving rise to the development of the new surgical devices, promoting the growth of the below-the-implant market.
Below-the-knee Implants Market: Region-wise Outlook
North America is expected to dominate the global below-the-knee implants market, owing to the prominent technological advancements and innovations in orthopaedic implants, such as the use of bio-compatible materials in making the implants.
North America is expected to be followed by Europe. Increase in healthcare expenditure, increasing population and also due to the increasing medical tourism in developing region like Asia-Pacific is expected to further push the Asia Pacific below-the-knee implants market growth for over the forecast period. The increasing disposable income is further likely to drive the growth of below-the-knee implants market in the region.
Below-the-knee Implants Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the market participants in the global below-the-knee implants market identified across the value chain include:
- Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet
- B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG
- Smith and Nephew plc
- Johnson and Johnson (DePuy synthesis)
- Shanghai MicroPort Medical (Group) Co.?Ltd
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Exatech, Kiname Inc.
- Arthrex Inc.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Below-the-knee Implants Market Segments
- Below-the-knee Implants Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
Impact of Covid-19 on Below-the-knee Implants Market
Pandemic coronavirus has caused a disturbance in almost all the industries. The novel coronavirus has also affected the below-the-knee implant market.
Due to the coronavirus, the flow of patients into the hospital has been reduced which has led to the decline in the implants surgeries. There has been a disruption in the supply of various materials used in making the implants which is hampering the production of below-the-knee implants.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Intestinal pseudo-obstruction market dynamics in the industry
- Below the knee implants-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Below the knee implants recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Below-the-knee Implants Market: Segmentation
By procedure type
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
By implant type
- Mobile Bearing Implants
- Fixed Bearing Implants
By material type
- Stainless Steel
- Titanium and Titanium Alloys
- Chromium and Cobalt Alloys
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.