This Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics market.
The blood urea nitrogen diagnostics test is a fairly common blood test, which is used for assessing the condition of the kidneys and liver. The blood urea nitrogen diagnostics test measures the quantity of urea nitrogen in the blood. The urea nitrogen is excreted from the body through a cascade of reactions. Ammonia produced by the liver by breaking down the proteins consumed by the body cells. Nitrogen from the ammonia combines with elements such as hydrogen, carbon and oxygen that results in the formation of urea. This is a chemical waste of the body. The blood caries the urea from the liver to the kidney where it is filtered out along with other waste products to form urine that is finally excreted out from the body. Thus a blood urea nitrogen diagnostics test is used to asses if the quantity of nitrogen in the blood is higher than normal. The high value may indicate that the kidney function is hampered. Commonly the blood urea nitrogen diagnostics is conducted when the doctor suspects kidney damage, or during general kidney function evaluation. The blood urea nitrogen diagnostics is also used to determine the effectiveness of dialysis treatments such as hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis. Other conditions such as liver damage, obstruction in the urinary tract, congestive heart failure and gastrointestinal bleeding can also be asses using the blood urea nitrogen diagnostics. However this test alone may not be able to assess the type of condition and may require confirmatory tests. For an instance, to assess and confirm kidney damage a creatinine level test is also performed along with the blood urea nitrogen diagnostics. Creatinine is also another waste product excreted out from the blood into through the urine. To assess the present kidney function glomerular filtration rate is estimated by calculating the amount of waste taken out of the blood. 7-20 mg/dL or 2.5-7.1 mmol/L is the normal concentration of urea nitrogen in the blood.
Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Drivers and Restraints
Some of the factors that contribute to kidney damage and cases when a blood urea nitrogen diagnostics can be used include, old age, obstruction in urinary tract, recent heart attack or congestive heart failure, bleeding in the gastrointestine, dehydration, trauma, severe burns, adoption of a high protein diet and intake of certain antibiotics. Thus rise in the above conditions among the population crates a large pool of patients thereby driving the growth of the blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market.
Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Overview
Assay kits are the most common type of product that is used for blood urea nitrogen diagnostics. However the adoption of ELISA and other methods vary significantly across regions. This is primarily due to the price difference between the two types of technologies. Among end users hospitals and diagnostic laboratories are together expected to continue dominating the market through the forecast period.
Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Regional Outlook
Rising incidence of cardiovascular diseases in North America, trend of regular health check, favourable reimbursement policies are some of the factors that drive the growth of the blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market in the region. However, rise in medical tourism for dialysis in APAC countries such as India support the growth of the blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market in the region, so as to have a significantly high growth rate than other regions.
Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market include, Pointe Scientific, Inc., Accurex biomedical Pvt. Ltd., Invitrogen, Beacon Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific, Eagle Biosciences, Inc., XpressBio, and Bioo Scientific Corporation, among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market Segments
- Blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market Dynamics
- Blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Disease epidemology
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- Oceania (Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market: Segmentation
The global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market is segmented by product type, technology, end user and region:
Based on product type, the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market is segmented into:
- Assay Kit
- ELISA Reader
Based on technology, the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market is segmented into:
Based on the end user, the global blood urea nitrogen diagnostics market is segmented into:
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Blood Urea Nitrogen Diagnostics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)