Blood Bank Reagent Market: Key Players
This Blood Bank Reagent market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Blood Bank Reagent market.
Growing need of blood on the daily basis in hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and several multispecialty centers increases the demand for blood bank reagents in blood banks in order to maintain the keep up the supply of blood. Reagents are crucial testing reagents used by several hospitals and blood banks to determine and identify the antibody type in the donors and patient’s blood, thus ensuring the blood transfusion to be safe and effective. During every blood transfusion, patients’ blood is tested with the donor’s reagents in order to identify the harmful antibodies thus, decreasing the risk of any potential infection. Antibodies are blood proteins produced by the plasma cells to protect the body against several infections. Routinely performed blood banking procedures includes several reagents used for blood groping, antibody screening and cross matching/compatibility testing. Blood groping reagents are intended for determining the ABO blood group and Rh type from the donor’s blood. Blood groping reagents are made from the antibodies derived from the in-vitro cultures of hybridomas of murine and human origin and include, antigens against blood group A, B, A & B, D, Anti-C, Anti-c, Anti-E, Anti-e, and Anti-K for ABO typing. Anti-D is the most important Rh reagent for Rh typing. Antibody screening reagents are used for identification of antibodies with specificity of red blood cells (RBC) antigens. Antibody screening reagents are used to test donor plasma cells in order to make sure than no unexpected antibodies are transfused in to the patient’s body thus allowing detection of unexpected antibodies particularly alloantibodies in the RBC’s. Antibodies including, Duffy, Kell, Kidd, MNS, P, and certain Rh types that are considered clinically significant. Cross matching reagents are used to ensure whether the blood can be transfused in the recipient’s body prior to the blood transfusion procedure.
The market for blood bank reagents is expected to witness healthy growth over the forecast period. The antibody screening testing is essential as it prevents hemolytic transfusion reactions from occurring.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Blood bank reagents market is expected to witness higher demand over the forecast period owing to increasing prevalence of various diseases and expanded need of blood during several surgical procedures. Furthermore, increasing government initiatives regarding the necessity of donation of blood and other tissues and organs through education, safety of blood transfusion and several blood donation campaigns are pushing more number of blood donors in blood bank. This is expected to positively affect the market growth of blood bank regents market over the forecast period. Screening of donor’s blood during the blood transfusion is mandatory in order to avoid severe transfusion reaction if large amount of whole blood is transfused into the recipient’s body. However, lack of awareness and lack of skilled and trained professionals can lead to misleading transfusion thus, leading to declining sales of blood bank reagents market globally.
Blood Bank Reagent Market: Segmentation
Blood bank reagent market is segmented by test type, reagents and geography:
Blood Bank Reagent Market: Overview
Blood group typing reagents are essential tools for diagnostic laboratories specialized in blood group serology. Increasing number of blood transfusion procedures globally is expected to create higher demand for blood bank reagents in the coming years. This is attributed to large demand of blood from the hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers and several other healthcare facilities. Blood bank reagents are important to ensure whether donor’s blood can be transfused to the recipient. In addition, expanded use of blood bank reagents for research purpose is further expected to fuel the market of blood bank reagents over the forecast period.
Blood Bank Reagent Market: Region-wise Outlook
Some of the key market players in the Blood Bank Reagent market are, Beckman Coulter, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Cardinal Health, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Quotient, Ltd. Lorne Laboratories Limited, Immucor, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and bioMérieux, Inc. The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Blood Bank Reagent Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By Test Type
- ABO Typing
- Antibody Screening
- Cross Matching Test
- Anti-Sera Reagents
- Reagent Red Blood Cells
- Anti-Human Globulin
- Blood Bank Saline
On the basis of region presence, Blood Bank Reagent market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, and Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and Asia pacific excluding japan, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Continuous rise in the demand for blood and high rates of blood donation procedures are expected to fuel the market growth of blood bank regents market in North America. Also, large number of blood banks in the region as compared to other regions is further expected to result in escalating revenues in the region. Several promotional blood donation campaigns and large volume of blood donors and set up of guidelines for reagent manufacturers in several North American, European countries is expected to fuel the market growth of blood bank reagents in the near future.
Blood Bank Reagent Market: Key Players
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Blood Bank Reagent Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Blood Bank Reagent Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Blood Bank Reagent Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Blood Bank Reagent Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)