This Blood Clot Retrieval Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Blood Clot Retrieval Devices market.
A stroke is a sudden loss of blood circulation in an area of the brain which may result in loss of neurological functioning. Strokes are generally of three types Ischemic Stroke (caused due to blood clots), Hemorrhagic stroke (caused when there is a rupture in arteries) and lastly transient ischemic attack (caused when blood flow to the brain is blocked for a short time).In early 1980’s the blood clot retrieval devices used for endovascular revascularization were based on intra-arterial and selective thrombolytic agents. Another methodology proposed was the use of a combination of intra-arterial thrombolytic and use of ultrasound to disrupt the clot. The clot retrieval process is performed within eight hours of the onset of stroke symptoms, the whole process of blood clot retrieval takes about two hours.
Blood Clot retrieval devices were first developed to extract errant coils and foreign bodies which became immobilized in the cerebral circulation during endovascular procedures. Over a period these devices were used remove thromboembolic clots using guide catheters. The first treatment for clot retrieval was done using local micro-catheters as blood clot retrieval devices. These processes were mostly intravenous thrombolysis or endovascular revascularization. Blood clot retrieval devices of the first generation mainly targeted cerebral ischemia.
The first generation blood clot retrieval devices comprised of Mechanical Embolus Removal in Cerebral Ischemia (MERCI), MERCI blood clot retrieval devices was used in individuals who had moderate to severe stroke. The second blood clot retrieval device used for clot retrieval was Penumbra clot aspiration system. The Penumbra blood clot retrieval device uses a large lumen catheter attached to a vacuum pump. The second generation of blood clot retrieval devices uses of non-detachable neurovascular stents for removal of the clot. The primary objective of these blood clot retrieval devices was to assist the coiling during revascularization in individuals. Stent-based blood clot retrieval devices operate by firstly, by deploying the stent into the clot which immediately restores the blood flow and the mesh embedded on the stent retriever remove the clot. Over the past few years with the help of technological advancements in the development of blood clot retrieval devices tremendous progress has been made in the endovascular management of acute ischemic stroke.
Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global market for blood clot retrieval devices is expected to be driven by the advancement in technology and increased the prevalence of stroke. Moreover, increased use of blood clot retrieval devices in elderly patients, improved patient selection using imaging and clinical results, use of an advance instrument for guiding catheter placement are some factors anticipated to fuel the growth of global portable ultrasound scanners market within the forecast period of 2016-2026.The restraining factor for the blood clot retrieval devices market is a lack of trained professionals, futile recanalization procedures which occur due to unfavorable result and device malfunctioning during blood clot retrieval.
Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market: Overview
Cost-affectivity of blood clot retrieval devices and ongoing researches on improving the quality of care for continence would create an attractive growth opportunities for the Blood Clot Retrieval Devices market. The hospitals end user segment is expected to hold the highest market share in the global market for blood clot retrieval devices. Deaths occurring because of stroke is third highest in countries like United States, Canada, Europe, and Japan.According to American Heart Association, there are about 800,000 new strokes reported each year, out of which 80% are ischemic strokes rest are hemorrhagic strokes.
Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global Blood Clot Retrieval Devices market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America dominated the global market for blood clot retrieval devices because of better reimbursement policies for diagnostic procedures. Increasing number of local players providing blood clot retrieval devices at lower cost in countries such as China is expected to boost the market growth in APEJ region.
Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global Blood Clot Retrieval Devices market include Bayer HealthCare LLC, Boston Scientific Corp., Argon Medical Devices Inc., Medtronic plc. Teleflex Incorporated, Penumbra Inc., AngioDynamics, Inc., Terumo Corporation, Johnson and Johnson, Inc., ECKOS Corporation and others. Most of the providers of blood clot retrieval devices are adopting the strategy of providing these products through e-commerce, so that buyers can browse the products according to their needs.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market: Segmentation
The global blood clot retrieval market is classified on the basis of stroke type, device type, end user and geography.
Based on stroke type, the global blood clot retrieval devices market is segmented into the following:
- Ischemic Stroke (blood clot)
- Hemorrhagic Stroke(rupturing of arteries)
- Transient Ischemic Attack
Based on device type, the global blood clot retrieval devices market is segmented into the following:
- Mechanical EmbolusRemoval Devices
- Penumbra Blood Clot Retrieval Devices
- Stent Retrievers
- Ultrasound Assisted Devices
Based on end user, the global blood clot retrieval device market is segmented into the following:
- Diagnostic centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Blood Clot Retrieval Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)