This Carbon Fibre Prepreg market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Carbon Fibre Prepreg market.
Prepreg carbon fibre is a conventional form of carbon fibre, specially pre-impregnated with a thermoplastic or thermoset resin matrix during the manufacturing process. Most commonly used resins are epoxy resins, phenolic resins, thermoplastic resins and BMI resins. Carbon fibre prepregs are light weight, easy to fabricate, have high tensile strength and are resistant to moisture, chemicals and corrosion. They also have improved impact resistance with increased operational stability at high temperatures and pressure.
Increasing demand from emerging economies as well as increasing industrialisation and manufacturing will boost the growth of the global carbon fibre prepreg market during the forecast period.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The carbon fibre prepreg market is heavily reliant on aerospace & defence, automotive and wind industry. Carbon fibre prepregs are lightweight and easy to fabricate and hence, used by major aerospace companies to manufacture combat, commercial and cargo transport aircrafts. Demand for carbon fibre prepregs from the automotive industry is increasing owing to robust demand from emerging countries. The global carbon fibre prepreg market is projected to grow at a high growth rate amidst its growing demand for industrial, commercial and residential activities.
Growth in the renewable energy market, particularly wind energy, is another factor driving the demand for carbon fibre prepregs. Frequent power cuts, blackouts, voltage fluctuation and load shedding have led to increased demand for wind power in residential buildings and this in turn, is likely to fuel the growth of the carbon fibre prepreg market. Supportive government policies in the form of tax benefits and subsidies can further add to the growth of the wind energy market. The highly volatile fossil fuel prices are likely to encourage more investments in the renewable energy sector and hence, create more opportunities for the wind energy. This, in turn, will benefit the carbon fibre prepreg market in the long run.
High manufacturing and processing cost is seen as a major restraint for the carbon fibre prepreg market. Recycling of carbon fibre prepregs is expensive and this can prove to be another factor responsible for hampering the growth of this market. Providing a good product at reasonable prices could be a major challenge for carbon fibre prepreg manufacturers. Development of advanced software tools for product development can provide good opportunities for manufacturers.
Global Carbon Fibre Prepreg market: Segmentation
Global Carbon Fibre Prepreg market: Region Wise Outlook
As of 2016, owing to rapid industrialisation and aggressive expansion of the manufacturing sector, APEJ is expected to be the fastest growing Carbon Fibre Prepreg market. There is high demand for Carbon Fibre Prepreg from countries such as China, Japan, India, Singapore and South Korea. North America is anticipated to dominate the Carbon Fibre Prepreg market during the forecast period. This high growth is attributed to the growing demand from aerospace & defence and automotive industries. Europe is the other prominent market in terms of rising demand for Carbon Fibre Prepreg. The steady growth in German automobile industry is the major driving factor in this region. Middle East, Latin America and Africa are expected to expand at a relatively lower CAGR over the forecast period.
Global Carbon Fibre Prepreg market: Market Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Carbon Fibre Prepreg Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
On the basis of resin type, the global Carbon Fibre Prepreg market can be segmented into:
- Epoxy resin
- Phenolic resin
- BMI resin
- Cyanate ester resin
- Thermoplastic resin
- Other resins
On the basis of manufacturing process, the global Carbon Fibre Prepreg market can be segmented into:
- Hot melt process
- Solvent DIP process
On the basis of end use industries, the global Carbon Fibre Prepreg market can be segmented into:
- Aerospace & Defence
- Sports & Leisure
- Wind energy
Examples of some of the market participants in the global Carbon Fibre Prepreg market identified across the value chain include:
- HC Composite
- Royal Tencate N.V.
- Cytec Solvay Group
- Hexcel Corporation
- Gurit Holding AG
- Kineco Pvt Ltd
- Zyvex Technologies
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd.
- TCR Composites
- PRF Composite Materials
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Teijin Limited
- Park Electrochemical Corporation
- Axiom Materials
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Siz
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Carbon Fibre Prepreg Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Carbon Fibre Prepreg Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Carbon Fibre Prepreg Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Carbon Fibre Prepreg Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.