This Cellulosic Ethanol market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cellulosic Ethanol market.
Global Cellulosic Ethanol Market: Introduction
Cellulosic Ethanol is a second generation biofuel derived from feedstock (which are generally not food crops) after undergoing thermochemical or biochemical conversion. For instance, waste vegetable oil is a second generation biofuel because it has already been used and is no longer suitable for human consumption. Cellulosic ethanol is a potential substitute for gasoline and grain-based ethanol in an automobile. The growth of cellulosic ethanol market also support the development of rural economies and generates employment. Research and development activities on cellulosic ethanol so far have been undertaken only in limited number of developed countries and in some of the large economies such as Brazil, India, and China. Moreover, cellulosic ethanol is not yet produced commercially on a large scale, but a considerable number of pilot plants have been operating in recent years. Second generation biofuels are novel and innovative but have their own sustainability issues. However, cellulosic biofuel production has boosted rural economies since production facilities are located in rural areas where feedstocks are abundant. The cellulosic ethanol market is expected to experience substantial growth in the coming years owing to various national commitments and availability of natural resources.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Cellulosic Ethanol Market: Market Dynamics
The demand for liquid fuels for transport is expected to increase substantially in the coming years. Ambitious cellulosic ethanol support policies have recently been adopted in the U.S. and the European countries owing to the size of the two markets. Mandates in these countries are expected to steer the global cellulosic ethanol market. Cellulosic ethanol is promoted in order to reduce the country’s dependence on imported oil. The substantial growth of the agricultural sector in many developing countries is the key aspect for the cellulosic ethanol market. Consequently, installations of large-scale commercial plants to produce cellulosic ethanol are forecast to strengthen the global market in the forthcoming years.
Fluctuation in corn prices impacts the production cost for cellulosic ethanol. This may impede the growth rate of the cellulosic ethanol market. The lack of R&D activities in the countries of the Middle East coupled with poor infrastructure develops considerable obstacles for the growth of cellulosic ethanol market.
Global Cellulosic Ethanol Market: Regional Outlook
Brazil and U.S. dominate the global cellulosic ethanol production. India is expected to observe strong growth outlook in the cellulosic ethanol market in the coming years in order to minimize the strategic risk related to availability of petroleum products.
Among Asia Pacific countries, the Australian cellulosic ethanol market has significantly contracted in recent years due to lower crude oil prices, high feedstock prices and weaker government mandates. However, in some parts of the country, the government has provided support for an advanced biofuels plant to produce fuel for aviation and military applications. China is one of the prominent producers of cellulosic ethanol in the global market. It has launched various pilot zones in several provinces and municipalities. Additionally, China’s cellulosic ethanol production is forecast to continue to grow substantially reinforced by local and provincial government support. The cellulosic ethanol market has great potential in Latin America owing to superfluous amount of sugarcane residues. However, the cellulosic ethanol market is highly fragmented as over hundreds of companies in various countries participate in the market.
Global Cellulosic Ethanol Market: Key Participants
Example of some of the market participants in the global cellulosic ethanol market discerned across the value chain include
- Raízen Energia
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- GranBio Group
- Novozymes A/S
- POET - DSM Advanced Biofuels LLC
- Alliance Bio-Products, Inc.
- Aemetis, Inc.
- Enerkem Inc.
- Iogen Corporation
- Praj Industries
- Beta Renewables
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cellulosic Ethanol Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Cellulosic Ethanol Market: Market Segmentation
Global cellulosic ethanol market can be segmented on the basis of application and regions.
On the basis of application, global cellulosic ethanol market can be segmented as
- Power generation
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Cellulosic Ethanol Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Cellulosic Ethanol Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Cellulosic Ethanol Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Cellulosic Ethanol Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.