This Central Patient Monitoring System market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Central Patient Monitoring System market.
The healthcare industry is strongly acting towards addressing healthcare professional’s pain points. For an instance, the central patient monitoring systems addresses once such pain point of monitoring a large set of patients. The central patient monitoring systems are computer systems that are networked with a fixed number of patient monitors. The central patient monitoring system displays the respectively connected monitoring device waveforms on a single or multiple monitors. This allows the healthcare professionals to monitor and keep a check on the number of patients at the same time. Most of the central patient monitoring system allows the monitoring of at least two waveforms. Depending on the configuration, the central patient monitoring system may include modules for various parameters such as ECG, respiratory rate, body temperature, SpO2, cardiac output and others.
The receivers of the central patient monitoring systems are connected to the bedside monitors of each patient. Some telemetry devices also allow the central patent monitoring system receiver to be connected. The main monitor of the central patient monitoring system is then placed in the central station. The central patient monitoring systems are used in the general medical area and surgical areas, cardiac rehab centers, they can also be used with telemetry devices. A typical central monitoring system has a life time of about 7-10 and may cost US$ 4,500 - 40,000. The central patient monitoring system has only one major requirement, which is uninterrupted power supply. Furthermore, the central patient monitoring system also has the capacity to save the data for a limited period of time. This allows the healthcare professional to review the data when required.
Generally, central patient monitoring systems are able to network with a limited number of patient monitoring systems. For an instance, the central patient monitoring system can be connected to 8, 16, 32, 64, 72 and sometimes even up to 240 patient monitors. Most of the central patient monitoring systems are able to identify most kinds of abnormal waveform. When an abnormal waveform is detected the system is programed to trigger a code alarm. This simplifies the need to monitor the central patient monitoring system continuously and closely.
However, the use of central patient monitoring systems is still debatable since it is believed that the hospital personals may pay more attention to the equipment more than the patient itself. Many physicians believe that even a functioning reliable central patient monitoring system cannot replace the frequent and direct observations. Also, there is always a risk of false alarms that can alarm fatigue as a result the staff may miss an actually critical patient event. These are some of the factors that may hinder the growth of the central patient monitoring system market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Central Patient Monitoring System Market: Dynamics
Increasing number of hospitals in most developed regions with an increasing number of hospital beds especially in developing regions are demanding the need for centralized systems for better functionality. For an instance, the use of central patient monitoring system for multiple number of patient monitory from a single monitor station. Furthermore, increase in the number of patient hospitalization along with unmet requirement of healthcare professionals is further driving the growth of the central patient monitoring system market. However, the central patient monitoring systems have a limited flexibility in terms on the number of connected bed/monitors and the number of waveforms or data presented for each patient.
Central Patient Monitoring System Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global central patient monitoring system market is segmented into seven key regions, namely North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America market is projected to hold large share in the global central patient monitoring system market primarily due to increased adoption of new technology in the field of hospital management. North America market for central patient monitoring system is followed by the European central patient monitoring system market due to the increased demand for centralized monitoring systems. Asia Pacific market for central patient monitoring systems is expected to grow at a substantial rate due to the lack of sufficient healthcare professionals.
Central Patient Monitoring System Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players in the global central patient monitoring system market are Philips Healthcare, GE Healthcare, Hipac Healthcare Pty Ltd, Infinium Medical, Universal Medical Instruments, Nihon Kohden, Heyer Medical AG, MindRay, Criticare Systems Inc., Sunray, Mediana, among other key players.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Central Patient Monitoring System Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Central Patient Monitoring System Market: Segmentation
The global central patient monitoring system market is segmented by number of patients/monitors networked, end users and region:
By Number of Patients/Monitors Networked
- Upto 16
- 32 patients
- 64 patients
- More than 64 patients
By End Users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Trauma Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Central Patient Monitoring System Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Central Patient Monitoring System Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Central Patient Monitoring System Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Central Patient Monitoring System Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)