This Coding Foils And Tapes market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Coding Foils And Tapes market.
Coding Foils & Tapes – Market Outlook
Global printing market is evolving day by day with new printing technologies, materials, etc. Consumer preferences have changed over the year from dull and unattractive graphics to modern eyecatching graphics. To win the customers, manufacturers are putting more effort on printing and graphics on their products. Coding foils & tapes are used as a marking medium in printing process on packaging products, invitations, greeting cards, envelopes, other consumer goods, electronics items, automotive parts etc. Coding foils & tapes are of two types: hot stamping foils and cold stamping foils. Hot stamping foils are further classified into: metallic foils, pigment foils, pearl foils and holographic foils. Foiling process is where a coding foil is placed between a die and a substrate (packaging product, electronic goods, invitations, greeting cards, book covers etc.). Foiling process can be classified into two types: manual foiling process and pneumatical foiling process. Coding foils & tapes are used in industrial printing. They account for a large share of the global industrial printing market. Packaging industry is the major end use industry, which extensively uses the coding foils & tapes in marking expiry date, manufacturing dates, price details and other inforamation on packaging products like bottles, cartons, bags, containers etc. Printing on consumer goods like sunglasses, apparels, footwares also use coding foils & tapes. Coding products comes in wide variety of colours and material specifications.
Global coding foils & tapes market dynamics are highly correlated with global industrial printing market. Global printing market is dominated by commercial printers followed by package printers. Coding foils & tapes market is expected to be dominated by package printers due to extensive use of hot stamp printing by packaging manufacturers.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Growing consumer preference for attractive & glossy printing on products, which they consume on day to day basis is driving the global coding foils & tapes market. Coding foils & tapes market has largest share in the global industrial printing market. Hot stamping foils dominate the market compared to cold foils. Cold stamping is a new technology and penetration into end use industries is very low. One can’t compare both the stamping processes with each other because they have their own advantages and disadvantages. Cold stamping doesn’t need a gas cylinder, which is used for heating in hot stamping. Cold stamping has a very low maintenance time compared to hot stamping and as a result the production time can be reduced considerably. Unlike in hot stamping, the printer head need not be cooled down in between the stamping process in cold stamping. So, the throughput is high in cold stamping process. Cold stamping has its own limitations, it can’t produce the high quality glossy printing as compared to hot stamping. Limitation of UV curative cold stamping process is that it works with only limited number of colors. Textiles, automotive, packaging & labeling, consumer electronics, invitation cards are the dominant end use industries using hot stamping foils. Textile and cosmetics are expected to be the fastest growing end use sectors for global coding foils & tapes market.
North America followed by APEJ, is expected to dominate the global coding foils & tapes market. APEJ is expected to be the fastest growing region due to rising middle class population and improving economic conditions. China coding foils & tapes market is the major contributor in APEJ. Despite the economic slowdown, political turmoil and immigration crisis, Western Europe is anticipated to perform well during the forecast period.
Global Coding Foils & Tapes market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Coding Foils & Tapes market are – AG Foil s.r.o., Dollphine Pressure Print, ITW Security and Brand Identity Group, Henan Xinjunye Technology Co., Ltd., PB Holotech (I) Pvt. Ltd., KURZ Group, AG FOIL EUROPE s.r.o., Xinxiang Fineray Tech Co., Ltd., Foilmakers Australia (Milford Astor Group), Interfilms India Pvt Ltd., Rasik Products Private Limited, Crown Roll Leaf, Inc., UNIVACCO Foils Corporation, BRIDGE Foils (China), API Group, MAG Plastics (India), Rainbow Plastics India Limited, Shine Star Speciality Coaters Pvt Ltd., KOLON Industries, Inc., Murata Kimpaku Co., Ltd., Nakai Industrial Co. Ltd., OIKE & Co., Ltd., Nakajima Metal Leaf, Powder co., ltd., Samhan Co., Ltd., Katani Co. Ltd., Washin Chemical Industry co., ltd. and others.
Key Developments, Merger and Acquisitions
- In 2017, Katani Co. Ltd. Obtained ISO 9001:2015 certification (Nagoya Branch)
- In 2014, OIKE Co. Ltd., established LePont Europe SAS
Exhibit-3 represents tier classification of the companies which have been considered in this article. Company annual reports have been used as the resources for calculating the revenue share of the global coding foils and tapes market.
Cold stamping is expected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period, due to its increasing applications and its late entry into the market. Hot stamping market in APEJ is anticipated to be the fastest growing, which is highly contributed by India and China. Textiles & cosmetics is expected to grow at the highest CAGR in all end use sectors. Manufacturers are increasingly investing in research & development to launch creative and attractive coding foils & tapes.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Coding Foils And Tapes Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Coding Foils & Tapes market: Segmentation
The global Coding Foils & Tapes market has been segmented as follows –
On the basis of product type the global Coding Foils & Tapes market has been segmented as –
- Hot Stamping Foils
- Metallic foils
- Pigment foils
- Pearl foils
- Holographic foils
- Cold Stamping Foils
On the basis of stamping process, the global coding foils & tapes market has been segmented as –
- Hot Stamping
- Manual Foiling Process
- Pneumatical Foiling Process
- Cold Stamping (UV Curating)
On the basis of substrate, the global coding foils & tapes market has been segmented as –
- Paper & Paperboard
- Textile (Fiber)
On the basis of end use industry, the global coding foils & tapes market has been segmented as –
- Food & Beverages
- E-Commerce & Logistics
- Other Consumer Goods (pen, invitation cards, toys, books etc.)
On the basis of geography, the global coding foils & tapes market has been divided into seven key regions –
- North America
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Coding Foils And Tapes Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Coding Foils And Tapes Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Coding Foils And Tapes Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Coding Foils And Tapes Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)