This Cryopreservation Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cryopreservation Systems market.
Cryopreservation Systems: Introduction
Cryogenic conservation systems, commonly referred to as cryogenic preservation or cryopreservation systems, are storage systems in which cells, organelles, extra-cellular matrix, organs, tissues or other biological components and parts, which are susceptible to unregulated atmospheric and chemical kinesis damage, can be preserved at extremely low temperatures. Cryopreservation systems typically store biological components at minus 80 degree Celsius using carbon dioxide. However, the utilization of liquid nitrogen enables cryopreservation systems to drop the temperature to approximately 196 degree Celsius. Cryopreservation systems incorporate such low temperatures to cease and desist all chemical and enzymatic activities that might cause permanent damage to the biological specimen. These systems reach such extremely low temperatures and yet, eliminate the formation of ice.
Traditional cryopreservation systems used a coating of biological material with a class of molecules called cryo-protectants that froze the biological material in question and minimized the damage caused by unregulated atmospheric chemical kinetics. Modern systems are continuously being researched and upgraded to eliminate the underlying toxicity of various cryo-protectants.
By default, the process incorporated by these systems compromises the structural and functional behavior of biological cells, unless proven otherwise for a specific class of cell population.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Cryopreservation Systems: Market Drivers
Advancements in instrumentation, life science and healthcare sectors are expected to boost the growth of the global cryopreservation systems market. Availability of efficient, high performance cryopreservation systems is anticipated to propel the growth of the market. The high presence of suppliers offering both traditional and modern equipment is also expected to drive the overall growth of the global market. Huge investments are being made by scientific research companies, organizations and institutes to procure efficient cryopreservation systems and facilitate laboratory automation. This factor is expected to act as the primary driver for the global market. High adoption rate of cryopreservation systems for chemical and biological matter research is anticipated to have a positive impact on the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
However, research laboratories and organizations are required to make heavy investments to procure modern cryopreservation systems. These systems also incur high maintenance expenses. High initial and maintenance expenses are the primary factors that are expected to restrict the growth of the global cryopreservation systems market as small and medium sized research laboratories and organizations do not find it economically feasible to procure such expensive cryopreservation systems. The risk of extracellular as well as intracellular ice formation and the inherent cellular damage is anticipated to challenge the growth of the global cryopreservation systems market.
Considering the market value, the SPF method of cryogenic freezing holds the largest market share in the global market. However, the reliability factor offered by the vitrification method and the ensured prevention of ice crystal formation is expected to enable the vitrification market segment to register the highest growth rate in the global market.
Cryopreservation Systems: Regional Market Outlook
The high presence of suppliers marketing their cryopreservation systems in the North American market is expected to be the primary driver for the growth of the cryopreservation systems in the region. Currently, the cryopreservation systems market in North America holds the largest share of the global market. National governments of APAC economies are investing heavily in the fields of laboratory automation and instrumentation. This factor is anticipated to propel the growth of the cryopreservation systems market in the APAC region during the forecast period. The Latin American, European and MEA markets are also expected to report significant growth rates during the forecast period owing to the ever-rising adoption of these systems for biological research purposes.
Cryopreservation Systems: Key Market Players
Some of the major players operating in the global market are Chart Industries; PHC Corporation; Thermo Fisher Scientific; VWR (an Avantor subsidiary); BioCision; Cesca Therapeutics inc; CryoLogic; Cryotherm GmbH & Co. KG; Praxair Technology, Inc.; and Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (owned by Merck KGaA), among others.
The market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 – 2017
- Market Size & Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for the market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cryopreservation Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Cryopreservation Systems: Market Segmentation
With regards to the cryogenic method, the global market can be segmented into the following:
- Slow Programmable Freezing (SPF)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Cryopreservation Systems Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Cryopreservation Systems Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Cryopreservation Systems Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Cryopreservation Systems Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)