This Diabetic Nephropathy market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Diabetic Nephropathy market.
Diabetes is a disease condition of high blood sugar level, caused due to malfunctioning of the pancreas. Nephropathy means kidney damage or impairment. Diabetic nephropathy is a kidney glomerulus disease which is one of the major complications in terms of morbidity and mortality for diabetic population. Symptoms and signs of diabetic nephropathy are unknown in early stages. However, in later stages major signs and symptoms occur which includes high blood pressure, ankle and leg swelling, vomiting, morning weakness, high level of blood urea nitrogen (BUN), increased albumin secretion in urine, nausea, and itching. For treatment of diabetic nephropathy, disease modifying therapies (DMT) that employ angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors are used. ACE inhibitors and ARBs provide superior protection to the kidney. Major ARBs are losartan, candesartan, and irbesartan while ACE inhibitors, such as lisinopril, captopril, enalapril, and ramipril decreases the amount of protein in the urine. The increasing investment in research and development for drug discovery followed by awareness of diabetes and kidney related disorder treatment are the major factors that are anticipated to boost the demand for products in the global diabetic nephropathy market. For instance, the American Diabetes Association organized regular programs to create awareness among diabetic population and it ensures all the patients are able to get the knowledge, best treatment and care for diabetes management.
Diabetic Nephropathy Market: Drivers and Restraints
The global market for diabetic nephropathy is expected to be driven by the increasing R&D investments in drug discovery and development and growing prevalence of diabetes. For instance, according to International Diabetes Federation 415 Mn people are currently affected by diabetes globally and it is expected to increase to 642 Mn diabetic people by 2040. Rising awareness for diabetes disease treatment and increasing usage of combination therapy are trending factor that is expected to influence the demand for global diabetic nephropathy market during the forecast period of 2016-2026. However, stringent regulations and lengthy product approval procedure for drugs are major concerns for the global diabetic nephropathy market.
Diabetic Nephropathy Market: Overview
The global diabetic nephropathy market is expected to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period of 2016-2026. The growing incidence of diabetes has predominantly fueled the growth of the global diabetic nephropathy market. According to WHO, around 9% adults were affected by diabetes globally in 2014. By 2030, the diabetes is expected to be the seventh leading cause of death globally.
Diabetic Nephropathy Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global diabetic nephropathy market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is expected to dominate the global diabetic nephropathy market in terms of value due to increased combination drugs usage along with rising awareness about the various kidney diseases. Europe is the second major contributor to the global diabetic nephropathy market in terms of value due to increasing prevalence of diabetes and increase in healthcare expenditure for diabetes treatment in the various parts of Europe. However, market in APEJ is expected to grow at rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in spending for healthcare treatment and increased awareness of new diabetic drugs in the market.
Diabetic Nephropathy Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global diabetic nephropathy market include AbbVie Inc., Bayer AG Merck & Co. Inc., ChemoCentryx Inc., GenKyoTex S.A., Mesoblast Limited, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Novartis AG, Sanofi S.A., Eli Lilly and Company, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and others. The market for diabetic nephropathy is fragmented with presence of many vendors in international market. These companies are adopting strategy of increased emphasis on research and development for discovery of new drug combination.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Diabetic Nephropathy Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Diabetic Nephropathy Market: Segmentation
The global diabetic nephropathy market is classified on the basis of treatment type and geography.
Based on treatment type, the global diabetic nephropathy market is segmented into the following:
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
- Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Renin Inhibitors
- Connective Tissue Growth Factor Inhibitors
- Antioxidant Inflammation Modulator
- Monocyte Chemoattractant Proteins Inhibitor
- Endothelin-A Receptor Antagonist
- G Protein-Coupled Receptors
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Diabetic Nephropathy Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Diabetic Nephropathy Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Diabetic Nephropathy Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Diabetic Nephropathy Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)