This Drain Sponges market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Drain Sponges market.
Increasing Prevalence of Wounds and Rising Number of Accidental and Trauma Cases Propel the Demand for Wound Care Management
The increasing geriatric population, rising number of accidental and trauma cases, increasing prevalence of chronic and acute wounds are propelling the demand for wound care management over the last decade. The wound care management market contributes a significant share to the healthcare market as it comprises wound care products such as sponges, bandages, and relevant services. Drain sponges are designed for the use with PICC lines, intravenous lines, drain tubes and other in-dwelling devices. Drain sponges also help to secure and protect the site of tubing insertion.
Drain Sponges are Effective in Reduction of Fluid Pooling and Establish Drier Wound Site
Drain sponges are generally used to absorb the liquid from the chronic and acute wounds. Drain sponges are also used to remove the unwanted liquefied matter. They are available in various sizes and ply. The absorption capacity totally depends on the size and ply of the drain sponge—the greater the ply, the more the absorbability. Drain sponges are used in various applications such as packing or as drainage conduits in wound care management. They are applied to the areas such as nasal or sinus packing, abscesses, boils, fistulas and tunneling wounds. Drain sponges come with types viz. woven and non-woven. Drain sponges have some additional features over conventional sponges such as high durability, low linting, fast wicking, and enhanced viscosity.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Drain Sponges Market Assessment by Material
Factors Driving Drain Sponges
The global drain sponges market is expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period. Drain sponges are beneficial over conventional sponges due to specifications such as high absorbency, low-linting capacity, and fast wicking of wound beds, which is anticipated to boost the demand for drain sponges and propel the growth of the global drain sponges market. The increasing geriatric population, sustainable demand for first aid products, higher rate of procurement by medical service providers are also anticipated to boost the demand for advanced drain sponges and drive the growth of the global drain sponges market. The increasing technological advancements in drain sponges are also expected to propel the demand for drain sponges over the forecast period. The increasing development of medical infrastructure and facilities in the developing economies is also expected to drive the demand and bolster the growth of the global drain sponges market over a long run.
However, less awareness about the advanced drain sponges over conventional sponges, may hinder the demand for drain sponges and restrain the market growth over the forecast period. The higher cost of drain sponges and the shortfall in poorly developed countries may also restrain the growth of the global drain sponges market.
Availability of Various Drain Sponges and Increasing Demand for Drain Sponges in Hospitals and Clinics
The market has been covered by the various types of drain sponges made of different types of materials such as cotton, rayon, polyester, poly blend and others. The cotton and poly blend segments collectively hold a large revenue share. This is due to higher demand for drain sponges made from cotton and poly blend for various applications. Moreover, the increasing adoption of drain sponges made by other materials, such as rayon and polyester, for draining applications is also anticipated to contribute a significant share to the market over the long run.
Hospitals and clinics pose a strong position in the market due to increasing demand for drain sponges to cater the rising incidences of surgeries and accidental cases. These end users share a significant portion of revenue share in the overall market. However, continuing growth of ambulatory surgical centers and emergency service centers will also register remarkable growth opportunities for the drain sponges market.
North America has contributed a leading share in terms of revenue to the global drain sponges market due to developed medical infrastructure and availability of advanced drain sponges in the region. Followed by North America, Europe has also registered a significant growth in the global drain sponges market. Asia Pacific is expected to show a robust growth over a forecast period due to rapidly developing medical facilities and services in the region. Latin America and MEA are at a nascent stage in the global drain sponges market and are expected to register significant growth over the forecast period.
Examples of some of the key players identified in the global drain sponges market are Covidien, McKesson, Medline Industries, Inc., ReliaMed, Cardinal Health, Derma Sciences Inc., Dukal, Dynarex, Invacare Supply Group, Amd Ritmed Inc., Hopkins Medical Products, Stericycle, Vitality Medical, Derma Sciences Inc., and Hartmann USA, Inc. Majority of drain sponges are used at hospitals, clinics and ambulatory surgical centers. However, drain sponges offer a global opportunities to its manufacturers owing to various ongoing consolidation activities in the market, such as collaborations and partnership among the key market players.
Key data points covered in report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Drain sponges market by product type, material type, end user segments and country
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East & Africa by product type, material type, end user segments and country
- Drain sponges Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Drain sponges Market Size & Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Drain sponges market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
The market sizing of drain sponges will be done by the adoption data triangulation approach. The demand-side approach will be followed to assess the actual market size of drain sponges. Secondary research will be used at the initial phase to identify the feasibility of the target product/technology categories and its respective segments, product and service offerings, equipment installed base in end use facilities, adoption rate and future impact of new technologies. Additionally, per capita consumption of kits, reagents and consumables among end users is tracked at a granular level to obtain the most accurate information. Each piece of information is eventually analyzed during the entire research project, which builds a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side respondents such as laboratory managers, procurement managers, research supervisors at academic and research institutes, as well as key opinion leaders in addition to supply-side respondents such as equipment and reagent manufacturers, custom solution and service providers who provide valuable insights on trends, research application of products and technologies, purchasing patterns, services offered and associated pricing.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Drain Sponges Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By Product Type
- Woven Drain Sponges
- Non-Woven Drain Sponges
- Poly Blend
By End user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Long Term Care Centers
- Emergency Medical Services
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
- Poly Blend
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Drain Sponges Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Drain Sponges Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Drain Sponges Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Drain Sponges Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)