This Pleural Cavity Drainage market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pleural Cavity Drainage market.
Extra Fluid Removal and Maintaining Pleural Cavity
The pleural cavity has some amount of pleural fluid that provides friction-less movement between two layers of pleural surface. If the fluid is deposed over the permissible limit, it can lead to medical problems such as chest pain and other inflammations around the surface near to the cavity. The patient pool suffering from excess level of fluid in the cavity is growing. The excess fluid in the cavity can also cause heart failure, cancer and other inflammation. The fluid present in pleural cavity is drained by using drainage system and bottle system. The pleural cavity drainage process is performed in most of the hospitals and also in individual clinics. Pleural cavity drainage is carried out to prevent the chest damage. Both open and closed pleural cavity drainage is performed. In open pleural cavity drainage the connection is established with atmosphere, this system is rarely used except chronic pleural empyema. In closed pleural cavity drainage, the pleural cavity is isolated from atmosphere, and the closed pleural cavity drainage uses the drainage system operated in passive or active system for removing the excess fluid present in pleural cavity.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Innovated Pleural Cavity Drainage System
Pleural cavity drainage is an innovative product for treating excess fluid in the pleural cavity. The closed system is mostly used in the treatment of pleural cavity drainage as the chances of contamination is very less and the fluid is collected in a package which can be easily disposed. The pleural cavity drainage system should be non-allergic, non-toxic and transparent in order to observe the flow and prospect for medical records.
Pleural Cavity Drainage Market Assessment by Product Type
Factors Driving the Pleural Cavity Drainage Market
The global market for pleural cavity drainage is driven by increasing patient pool in different geographical regions and prevalence of lifestyle-related disorders, such as cirrhosis, pneumonia and malfunction, among others. Growing number of diseases is another factor driving the demand for pleural cavity drainage across the globe. Availability of reimbursement policies for pleural cavity drainage is a preliminary factor increasing the penetration of these products in matured markets. However, emerging countries do not have definite reimbursement policies for pleural cavity drainage, which restricts the market growth. Technological advancements to remove the excess fluid by pleural cavity drainage is an important factor fueling the growth of the pleural cavity drainage market.
Pleural Cavity Drainage in Maintaining Fluid Level in Cavity
The market has been covered by puncture pleural cavity drainage, disposable pleural cavity drainage, pneumothorax pleural cavity drainage and catheter pneumothorax pleural cavity drainage segments. Catheter pneumothorax pleural cavity drainage segment holds a large share in the pleural cavity drainage market, this is due to high adoption of the product by healthcare professionals. Moreover, the awareness towards pleural cavity drainage is been created by public and private associations, which lead to strong positioning of these segments in the overall market.
Pleural cavity drainage at hospitals
Hospitals segment holds a strong position in the market as hospitals are present all across the globe. It shares a significant portion of revenue in the overall market. However, ambulatory surgical center and clinics also provide remarkable growth opportunities for the growth of the pleural cavity drainage market. Further, the growing trend for treatment is an approach that would embellish the growth of the pleural cavity drainage market.
Regional Market Outlook
Geographically, the global pleural cavity drainage market is segmented into five key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America will continue to dominate the global market due to the availability of advanced technologies and advanced medical infrastructure. Europe is expected to hold second large market share in the global pleural cavity drainage market due to growing adoption of pleural cavity drainage by healthcare professionals. Asia-Pacific shows sluggish growth as the medical infrastructure is developing in most of the countries in the region.
Examples of some of the players identified in the global pleural cavity drainage market are Cook, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Smiths Medical, Becton, Dickinson and Company, etc. Majority of pleural cavity drainage are available in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. The hospitals which provide full pleural cavity drainage are Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Massachusetts General Hospital, Apollo Groups of Hospitals, John Hopkins Hospital, McLean Hospital. Usage of pleural cavity drainage varies at the regional level owing to variations in terms of available technologies used in end user level to developed pleural cavity drainage. However, hospitals offer a global opportunity to its manufacturers, as they are present in all across the globe.
- PACIFIC HOSPITAL SUPPLY CO. LTD.
- Dispomedica GmbH
- ARMSTRONG MEDICAL
- Merit Medical Systems, Inc.
- CHIMED Srl
- ASID BONZ GmbH
- Biçakcilar Tibbi Cihazlar A.S Tüm Haklar? Sakl?d?r.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Smiths Medical
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Pleural Cavity Drainage Market by product type, end user and region
- Regional level market analysis of North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle East & Africa by product type, end user segments and country
- Pleural Cavity Drainage Market Dynamics & Opportunity Assessment
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Pleural Cavity Drainage Market Size & Forecast 2018 - 2028
- Pleural Cavity Drainage Agents Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
The market sizing of pleural cavity drainage will be done by the adoption data triangulation approach. The demand-side approach will be followed to assess the actual market size of pleural cavity drainage. Secondary research will be done at the initial phase to identify the feasibility of the target products/technology categories and its respective segments, product and service offerings, equipment installed base in end-use facilities, adoption rate and future impact of new technologies. Additionally, per capita consumption of product among end users will be tracked at a granular level to obtain the most accurate information. Each piece of information will be eventually analyzed during the entire research project, which will help build a strong base for the primary research information.
Primary research participants include demand-side respondents such as laboratory managers, procurement managers, research supervisors at academic and research institutes, as well as key opinion leaders in addition to supply-side respondents such as equipment manufacturers, custom solution and service providers who provide valuable insights on trends, research application of products and technologies, purchasing patterns, services offered and associated pricing.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pleural Cavity Drainage Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By Product Type
- Puncture Pleural Cavity Drainage
- Disposable Pleural Cavity Drainage
- Pneumothorax Pleural Cavity Drainage
- Catheter Pneumothorax Pleural Cavity Drainage
By End user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centre
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pleural Cavity Drainage Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pleural Cavity Drainage Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pleural Cavity Drainage Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pleural Cavity Drainage Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)