This Duodenoscope market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Duodenoscope market.
Duodenoscope is a side viewing endoscope primarily designed for Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) to diagnose diseases associated with pancreas and bile ducts with the help of fluoroscopic imaging procedure. Duodenoscopes are flexible, light weighted tubes that are relieved through the mouth, throat, and stomach till the duodenum portion. Duodenoscopes are being used in more than 500,000 gastrointestinal procedures in the U.S each year as a minimally invasive way than traditional surgery to drain fluids from biliary and pancreatic ducts which are blocked by cancerous tumors, gallstones or other gastrointestinal conditions.
The Duodenoscope is a more complex device than other endoscopes and more tough to clean and disinfect. While these devices play an essential role in the treatment of patients, there is an evidence that some patients have been transmitted with hospital born and other infectious agents, including antibiotic drug-resistant infections. In 2013, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) alerted the FDA regarding possible association of multidrug resistant bacterial infections and duodenoscopes. Even before FDA was reported of the infections by the CDC, FDA was working to reinforce cleaning and disinfection protocols of complex duodenoscopes devices to maximize patient benefit and reduce safety risks. Recently American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) brought together experts in epidemiology, infection control and endoscopy, FDA and CDC representatives, hospitals that practiced epidemics, and device manufacturers. The purposes of these organizations to confirm current FDA and industry guidelines for cleaning duodenoscopes and identify gaps in knowledge and issues to address going onward.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Currently, owing to extremely spread of infection of Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) bacteria, through duodenoscopes, the procedure is probably not performing in an outpatient facility such as clinics and ambulatory surgical centers.
Increasing incidences of pancreatic, bile duct cancer tumors and various gastrointestinal conditions are the major origins contributing to the growth of the global duodenoscopes market. In addition, increasing FDA activities and CDC and manufactures collaboration is in identifying the causes and risk factors for transmission of infectious agents with duodenoscopes and developing new solutions to minimize patient exposure is another major driver, fueling the global duodenoscopes market growth over the forecast period. However, increasing FDA recalls for duodenoscopes owing to challenging cleaning and high-level disinfection procedures associated with complex designed duodenoscopes and rising multidrug-resistant bacterial infections caused by Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) such as Klebsiella species and Escherichia coli are major factors are expected to hamper the growth of global duodenoscopes market over the forecast period.
Geographically global duodenoscopes market has been segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific & Japan, Middle East Africa regions. North America region has been estimated as most dominant region in the global duodenoscopes market owing highly developed healthcare infrastructure and high rates of awareness regarding duodenoscopes and its associated infections among physicians. Asia-Pacific & Japan is a lucrative market for global duodenoscopes. Countries in the Asia Pacific regions include, greater China and India together account for largest population pool in the world and thereby have large pool of geriatric population are expected to fuel the growth of duodenoscopes market in the region.
Some of the key companies contributing to global duodenoscopes market are Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG., Olympus Corporation, PENTAX Medical Company, and Hoya Corporation.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology, material and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Duodenoscope Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on End User type, global duodenoscopes market is classified as follows:
- Pediatric Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Duodenoscopes Market Segments
- Duodenoscopes Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2014 - 2015
- Duodenoscopes Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Supply & Demand
- Duodenoscopes Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Duodenoscopes Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- Middle East and Africa
- Shifting Industry dynamics
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected industry size
- Recent industry trends
- Key Competition landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Duodenoscope Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Duodenoscope Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Duodenoscope Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Duodenoscope Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)