This Echogenic Catheters market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Echogenic Catheters market.
Echogenic catheters or ultrasound catheters are majorly used for various non-imaging applications, many of them are new and are in different stages of development. Major applications of echogenic catheters include ultrasound-guided continuous peripheral nerve blocks, ultrasound guided embryo transfer, intravascular ultrasound, intra-cardiac echocardiography, etc. Although applications are different, the basic mechanism used in echogenic catheters is common in all types of echogenic catheters, which involve ultrasonic markers incorporated either into catheter material or at the tip of the catheters. Echogenic catheters have a miniature marker transducer mounted at the tip or some other place of interest. Echogenic catheters are connected to a passive type transponders and are able to generate visible localization mark on echograph screen. Initially when first launched, echogenic catheters were restricted for use in cardiac applications and were used to guide the placement of pacing lead tip in the heart. Echogenic catheters are now replacing traditional technology of X-ray fluoroscopy, as it does not clearly visualize soft tissue and also have risks of exposure to ionizing radiations. The first echogenic catheter was launched in 2008 by MedSystems, which was acquired by St. Jude Medical later in the same year. The global market for echogenic catheters has seen many changes in technology since then.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Echogenic Catheters Market: Drivers and Restraints
Primary factors driving echogenic catheters market include growing need for safe and effective guiding technology during surgical and minimally invasive procedures and safety of the technique compared to other alternatives. Besides, need for accurate procedures to diagnose cardiovascular diseases especially arrhythmias and structural heart disease is attributed to growth in demand for echogenic catheters across all end users. Choice to ultrasound guided minimally invasive procedures in geriatric patients is another factor driving growth of the global echogenic catheters market. Increasing incidence of post-traumatic pain or stress is leading to growing adoption of continuous peripheral nerve block (CPNB), and thus demands the increased use of echogenic catheters to place CPNB. However, unawareness towards the procedure in some developing countries is the factor limiting the growth of the global echogenic catheters market.
Echogenic Catheters Market: Overview
The global market for echogenic catheters is highly consolidated with very few players operating in the global space. Combined approaches of using echogenic catheters with acoustic imaging to obtain accurate diagnosis and prognosis of conditions such as atherosclerosis is increasing over the period, which is expected to create high demand for echogenic catheters in diagnostic applications. Some of the established brands of echogenic catheters are Arrow FlexBlock Echogenic cPNB Catheter (Teleflex), Wallace Sure-Pro Ultra (CooperSurgical), Contiplex C (B. Braun), VIEWFLEX (Abbott), AcuNav (Siemens) etc. among others
Echogenic Catheters Market: Regional Wise Outlook
Geographically, the global echogenic catheters market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is expected to be the leader in global echogenic catheters market owing to concentration of key market players in the region. The market in Asia Pacific excluding Japan is expected to grow at significant CAGR due to expansion of product offerings by key players. Europe is expected to take second largest share in the global echogenic catheters market throughout the forecast period.
Echogenic Catheters Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the major players in the global echogenic catheters market are Teleflex Incorporated, CooperSurgical Inc., B. Braun Medical Inc., Infraredx, Inc., Abbott, Siemens Healthineers, and Innovative Health, etc. Technological advancement in already marketed products is the major trend emerging in the global echogenic catheters market.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Echogenic Catheters Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Echogenic Catheters Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global echogenic catheters market has been segmented on the basis of indication, end users, and geography.
Based on indications, the global echogenic catheters market is segmented as:
- Embryo Transfer
- Intra-cardiac echocardiography (ICE)
- Ultrasound-Guided Continuous Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Cardiovascular Diagnostic Applications (arrhythmia, atherosclerosis & functional heart diseases)
Based on end user, the global echogenic catheters market is segmented as:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cardiac Catheterization Labs
- Specialty OB Clinics and Fertility Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.