Fluorescent brightening agents are also called optical brighteners. These chemical compounds absorb light in the ultraviolet region of the electromagnetic spectrum and with the help of fluorescence they re-emit light in the blue region and are specialty chemicals that belong to the synthetic organic coloring matter.
Fluorescent brightening agents are mostly stilbene-based chemicals. These agents make cloths appear more vibrant and radiant, resulting in whitening effect. These brighteners are most commonly used in detergents, soaps, cosmetics, food packaging, etc.
These optical whitening agents are chemicals are used to make plastics, fibers, coatings, ink and detergents as well as to make color on dyes more prominent. Fluorescent brightening agents have many advantages over other solvents such as light fastness, ready solubility in organic solvents, high chemical stability and better heat resistance.
Fluorescent brightening agents Market: Dynamics
Presently, Fluorescent brightening agents are extensively used in the detergents and soap sector as addition of these chemicals in the formulation help clothes to appear brighter and cleaner. Due to their superior cleaning properties they can also be used as fabric softeners, which has resulted in a growth in consumption in the laundry and cleaning sector.
It is also used in the cosmetic industry and as a bleaching additive in the paper and pulp industry. Applications of Fluorescent brightening agents have extended into the security sector as well with bank notes and bills now having fluorescence to distinguish them from counterfeit bills.
Chemicals such as di and tetra sulfonated triazole-stilbenes and a di-sulfonated stilbene-biphenyl derivative dominates the global Fluorescent brightening agents production.
Several health hazards such as skin and respiratory allergic reactions coupled with irritation to the eyes act as a restraint for the Fluorescent brightening agents market. To add to this Fluorescent brightening agents are non-biodegradable and toxic in nature.
A worldwide slowdown in paper industry owing to the rise in use of digital alternatives, particularly in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic may also impede the overall demand for Fluorescent brightening agents. The high cost of production as well as the growing usage of alternatives such as non-stilbene brighteners is also a restraint on the market growth.
Although several restraints are present, there still remains a preference for the usage of Fluorescent brightening agents due to its superior performance, when compared to alternatives, in the respective application fields.
The COVID-19 crisis has brought upon unique consequences on the fluorescent brightening agents market, with demand stagnating in sectors such as pulp & paper, while relative demand spike is estimated from sectors such as soaps and detergents.
Fluorescent brightening agents Market: Regional Outlook
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness a robust growth with China, India and Indonesia are expected to drive the market owing to rapid industrialization, large share of global detergents manufacturing, and a rising population with a demand for better living standards. This is primarily because of significant growth in the textile, plastics, cosmetics, soap and detergent industries in this region. Europe has the largest number of Fluorescent brightening agent manufactures while North America too holds a significant share in the market, however due to the recent mass closure of paper mills in Europe and the U.S. the markets in these regions have been affected negatively. Meanwhile markets in the Middle East, Latin America and Africa are forecasted to witness stable growth.
Fluorescent brightening agents Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market participants in the global Fluorescent brightening agents market, identified across the value chain include:
- BASF SE
- Huntsman International LLC
- 3V Incorporation
- Teh Fong Min International Co., Ltd.
- Deepak Nitrite Limited
- Evonik Industries AG
- Tsaker Chemical Group Ltd
- Mayzo, Inc.
- Delta Hydrocarbon
- Kyung-In Synthetic Corporation
The research report on the Fluorescent brightening agents market presents a comprehensive assessment, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. The Fluorescent brightening agents market report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, aircraft type, and sales channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Fluorescent brightening agents Market Segments
- Fluorescent brightening agents Market Dynamics
- Fluorescent brightening agents Market Size
- New Sales of Fluorescent brightening agents Acid
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Fluorescent brightening agents Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Fluorescent brightening agents Market
- New Technology for Fluorescent brightening agents
- Value Chain of the Fluorescent brightening agents Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The global Fluorescent brightening agents market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the Fluorescent brightening agents market
- In-depth Fluorescent brightening agents market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Fluorescent brightening agents market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the global Fluorescent brightening agents market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the global Fluorescent brightening agents market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Fluorescent brightening agents market performance
- Must-have information for market players in Fluorescent brightening agents market to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Fluorescent brightening agents Market: Segmentation
The global Fluorescent brightening agents market can be segmented on the basis of chemicals and application.b
- Cinnamic acid
- Dicarboxylic acid
- Soaps & Detergents
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.