This Folding Bicycle market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Folding Bicycle market.
Folding Bicycle Market: Introduction
A folding bicycle is a two-wheeled vehicle, with pedals, which can be folded into a compact form, facilitating transport and easily park. From past few years, the bicycle with additional features i.e. folding has been witnessing a surge in demand. Long walking distance between workplaces, station, and homes have encouraged people to adopt bicycle as a daily mode of transportation. Different materials used for the folding bicycle are carbon fiber, steel, aluminum, etc. Selection of material depends upon the cost, weight, stress, rigidity, etc. The folding bicycle is generally compact and can be used as a mode of transportation in an industrial and educational sector.
Folding Bicycle Market: Market Dynamics
As compared to the conventional bicycle, folding bicycle provides the better comfort of traveling during daily commute. This is also anticipated to drive the growth of the folding bicycle market over the forecast period. Moreover, busy schedules and modern lifestyle force people to work without exercise and merely intake junk food which in turn result in overweight or obesity. Thus, increasing health concerns among consumers upsurge the demand for folding bicycle in the coming years. That apart, several features of folding bicycles such as less possibility of bicycle theft, easy storage, flexibility for mixed commute, etc. will also give traction to the growth of the folding bicycle market over the forecast period.
Concerning performance and speed, folding bicycle have to face stringent competition from the conventional bicycle which is anticipated to act as a key factor hampering the growth of the folding bicycle market over the forecast period. Moreover, the cost of a folding bicycle is generally not affordable to the common man which is also expected to hamper the growth of the folding bicycle market in the coming years.
A significant trend predicted five years down the line includes both OEM and dedicated manufacturer of the folding bicycle are focused on providing bicycles that are light in weight which increases the efficiency of the rider and also it will be more comfortable for the rider. Moreover, the manufacturers are investing in research and development activities to develop innovative bicycle which helps them to escalate competition.
Folding Bicycle Market: Regional Outlook
Over the forecast period, China is predictable to dominant in terms of sales and is estimated to remain dominant in terms of the demand for folding bicycle owing to change in consumer preferences. The Chinese bicycle manufacturer produces approx. 25%-30% folding bicycle and 70%-75% standard bicycle. North America is anticipated to grow with substantial CAGR during the forecast period owing to increasing tourism activities and rising health concerns among consumers in the region. The Middle East & Africa (MEA) is expected to grow at a significant pace over the coming decade owing to the high demand for folding bicycle from bicycle users.
Folding Bicycle Market: Market Participants
Example of some of the key players identified across the value chain of global folding bicycle market includes Brompton Bicycle Ltd., DAHON North America, Inc., Bobbin Bicycles Ltd., Cyclecentric Ltd., Dawes Cycles Limited, Decathlon S.A., Citizen Bike Inc., Montague Corporation, Hummingbird Bike Company, Ltd., Mobility Holdings, Ltd., Biketec AG, among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, application, sales channel, and end user.
The folding bicycle report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The folding bicycle report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Folding Bicycle Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Folding Bicycle Market: Segmentation
The global folding bicycle market can be segmented on the basis of folding type, max rider weight, frame material, mode of operation and price range.
On the basis of folding type, the global folding bicycle market can be segmented as:
- Vertical Type
- Horizontal Type
On the basis of max rider weight, the global folding bicycle market can be segmented as:
- Up to 105 Kg
- 105 Kg – 130Kg
- More than 130 Kg
On the basis of frame material, the global folding bicycle market can be segmented as:
- Carbon Fiber
On the basis of mode of operation, the global folding bicycle market can be segmented as:
On the basis of price range, the global folding bicycle market can be segmented as:
- Low Range
- Medium Range
- Premium Range
Folding Bicycle Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Folding Bicycle Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Folding Bicycle Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Folding Bicycle Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Folding Bicycle Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.