Food grade sodium hydroxide is also called caustic soda, which is an inorganic molecule. The food grade sodium hydroxide is white in color, and are highly alkali base of sodium. Food grade sodium hydroxide is non-flammable, and odourless in nature and is available in pellets, granules, flakes, and aqueous solution with various concentration.
The applications of sodium hydroxide in the food industry include peeling of vegetables and fruits, washing, cocoa and chocolate processing, poultry scalding, production of caramel colouring, processing of soft drinks, along with ice-cream thickening agents.
Apart from that, food grade sodium hydroxide has also various applications in the bakery industry as it provides crispier texture to German lye rolls and Pretzels. In addition to this, the food grade sodium hydroxide is also used for neutralization, bleaching, detoxification, deodorization, and detergent agent in the food industry.
These are factors due to which the food grade sodium hydroxide is facing very higher demand and is anticipated to have a positive growth during the forecast years.
Clean Labelling is Driving the Market for Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide
These days, consumers have become aware of the ingredients that are used in food products during the manufacturing process. There is various purity level of food grade sodium hydroxides are available in the global market. Clean label is an escalating trend in the global food and beverage industry.
Clean label is a consumer-driven trend, as, the consumers are becoming progressively more concern regarding the effects of chemicals or ingredients that are present in the food products. Before buying any product, consumers are first checking the list of ingredients before making the final purchase.
The increasing access to social media, and internet to access the existing information regarding the various ingredients and chemicals is driving this trend in the global food grade sodium hydroxide-based products’ market.
Global Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide: Key Players
The key players operating in the global food grade sodium hydroxide market includes
- Solvay Chemicals, Tata Chemicals Ltd.
- Aditya Birla Chemicals
- Tokuyama Corporation
- BASF SE
- Bayer AG
- BSC Chemicals
- Ciech S.A.
- Formosa Plastics Corp.
- Kemira Chemicals Inc.
- Saudi Arabia Basic Industries Corporation
- DOW Chemical Company
- Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Limited
- GACL Ltd.
- Fisher Scientific
- Shandong Haihua Group Co. Ltd.
- Sigma Aldrich
- INEOS Newton Aycliffe Ltd.
- Sanmar group
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd.
- LG CHEM LTD.
Increasing Production Capacity of Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide May Help to Gain an Upper Hand in the Global Market
One of the emerging growth prospects for the global food grade sodium hydroxide market is increasing production capacity of producers. As the food grade sodium hydroxide has numerous applications in the food & beverage industry, hence the manufacturers should focus on to make investments.
As the application and demand for food grade sodium hydroxide are increasing from the end-use industries, the manufacturers should pace-up the productions units to fulfil the demand and generate more revenue. Apart from the food industry, food grade sodium hydroxide is widely used in cosmetics, animal feed, paints, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and paper among other industries.
The range of applications is creating growth prospects for the manufacturers operating in the global food grade sodium hydroxide market.
The food grade sodium hydroxide market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size.
The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the food grade sodium hydroxide market, including but not limited to: regional markets, form, packaging, and application.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The food grade sodium hydroxide market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases).
The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the food grade sodium hydroxide market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide market report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide market
Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide: Market Segmentation
- PP/ HDPE Bags with LDPE lining
- Plastic Pails
- Plastic Cans
- Plastic Drums
- Plastic Bottles
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.