This Gigabit Interface Converter market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gigabit Interface Converter market.
Gigabit interface converter (GBIC) is a typical transceiver, which is commonly used for the conversion of electric current to optical signals and vice versa. Gigabit interface converter acts as an interface or edge for high speed networking and is deployed in Ethernet systems and fiber optic. Gigabit port is made capable of supporting a large number of physical media through more than hundreds of kilometers by gigabit interface converter which acts as an interface. Transceiver is connected at the end of the Ethernet cable that facilitates signal conversion. A few year after the introduction of GBIC, the small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver was also launched. The SFP does the same functions but is more compact than a normal GBIC. The transceiver module can be configured easily and upgraded in opto-electrical systems when the system is operating (hot swappable).The features that make GBIC preferable are: gigabit interface converter minimizes downtime during replacements enabling hot swap and plug and play functionality. These interface converters were commonly implemented in early 2000s. Gigabit interface converter is not obsolete, but has been gradually replaced by a compact, smaller and more lightweight version.
Global Gigabit Interface Converter Market: Drivers and Challenges
Most of the organizations preferring for efficient backup operations, many large and small enterprises opting for cost effective solutions these factors are expected to encourage the growth of global gigabit interface converter market. Increasing IT spending primarily in the emerging economies is also expected to have a positive impact on the global gigabit interface converter market during the forecast period.
High cost of gigabit interface convertor and standardization issue associated with it are some of the major challenges faced by vendors.
Global Gigabit Interface Converter Market: Segmentation
Global gigabit interface converter market can be segmented into type, and application.
On the basis of type, global gigabit interface converter market can be segmented into single-mode GBIC and multi-mode GBIC.
On the basis of connector/adaptor type, global gigabit interface converter market can be segmented into Ethernet systems, fiber channel and others.
On the basis of vertical, global gigabit interface converter market can be segmented into oil & gas, chemical, healthcare, food and beverage, water and wastewater, and others
Global Gigabit Interface Converter Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of regions, global gigabit interface converter market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East and Africa. The market in North America and Europe is expected to have significant market share of the global gigabit interface converter market. Asia Pacific gigabit interface converter market is having maximum potential in the forecast period. Markets in Latin America and Middle East and Africa are expected to register positive growth during the forecast period.
Global Gigabit Interface Converter Market: Competition Landscape
Some of the key players for gigabit interface converter market include Cisco Systems, Inc., Marvell, PLANET Technology Corporation, CELLO, D-Link (Europe) Ltd., Oracle, Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P., Allied Telesis, Inc., NETGEAR, and Moog Inc.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Gigabit Interface Converter Market Segments
- Gigabit Interface Converter Market Dynamics
- Gigabit Interface Converter Market Size, 2014 - 2016
- Gigabit Interface Converter Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Value Chain Analysis
- Gigabit Interface Converter Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Gigabit Interface Converter Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Gigabit Interface Converter Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific (excluding Japan)
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gigabit Interface Converter Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Gigabit Interface Converter Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Gigabit Interface Converter Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Gigabit Interface Converter Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Gigabit Interface Converter Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.