This Global Concrete Admixtures market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Global Concrete Admixtures market.
Cement is the most common binding material used in construction activities. Cement is mixed with crushed rocks, sand and water in specific proportion to createconcrete. Admixtures are chemicals that are added to concrete at the initial mixing stage to enhances or modify the working properties of the mix. Concrete admixtures are primarily used to enhance the compressive strength, workability and durability parameter of the concrete and to reduce the water content in it. Admixtures are generally classified according to application as Plasticizers (water reducing agents), super plasticizers (high range water reducers), air entrainers, accelerators and retarders. Also, three types of admixtures very common in the market such as Lingo-based, Sulfonated Naphthalene Formaldehyde (SNF) and Sulfonated Melamine Formaldehyde (SMF) based and PCE (Polycarboxylate Ether) based admixtures.Optimum use of admixtures depends on several factors including the type and amount of cement used, working temperature of concrete and air and water content.
For developers, engineers, contractors, builders, architects and other end-users, concrete admixtures offer innumerable benefits such as corrosion resistance, reduced permeability and improved resistance to chemical attack, effective placement of concrete in extreme weather conditions and underwater placement of concrete.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Growing residential requirements in the Middle East and Africa, andthe urbanization trend in the Asia-Pacific region indicates high market opportunities for concrete admixture manufacturers. Repair and maintenance applications also providepotential opportunities, supported by increase in renovation and repair activities. Gradual aging of the housing stock in regions like Europe and North America offers major opportunities for concrete admixtures market.
In developing countries of Asia Pacific, improving quality of civil structures is offering a double-digit growth rate for concrete admixture consumption. The Asia Pacific region is the largestconsumerof concrete admixtures, and is expected to hold market share ofover two-thirds of the total global admixtures market. Various factors such as foreign direct investment (FDI) in developing markets such as India and China is providing new market opportunities inthe concrete admixtures market.
Recent developments in concrete admixture technology have led to the development of mid-range water reducers. Another trend which has been increasingly adopted by major players in themarket is the use of new concrete mixtures that contain up to 85% recycled material. Another innovative concrete admixture product includes an additive called Elemix, which consists of expanded polystyrene beads. This product allows making of a lighterweight concrete with the same structural strength, while enhancing its thermal properties, retarding properties and cracking resistance.
The major players in the concrete admixtures market are The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), Sika AG (Switzerland), W.R. Grace Co. (U.S.), Ashland, Inc. (U.S.), RPM International, Inc. (U.S.), Fosroc International (U.K.), Cico Technologies (India), Pidilite Industries (India), CEMEX S.A.B de C.V. (Mexico), Chryso SAS (France) and MAPEI South Africa (PTY) Ltd.
A number of changes in the construction industry have added impetus formanufacturers and contractors to follow sustainability and green building codes.Concrete admixtures have evolved overthe past few decades and with growth in the construction industryglobally and development of new construction techniques, concrete building systems are becoming more durable and sustainable by re by using environmental friendly techniques.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Global Concrete Admixtures Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types and applications. Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Global Concrete Admixtures Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Global Concrete Admixtures Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Global Concrete Admixtures Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Global Concrete Admixtures Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.