This Gloss Meters market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gloss Meters market.
A gloss meter is an equipment used for the measurement of the specular reflection gloss/brightness of a surface. Generally, gloss meter is widely used for the measurement of the gloss/brightness of paints, opaque glasses, plastics, paper, clothes, pigments, paper, ceramics, and powder.
The widespread usage of gloss meters in various industries, such as construction, automotive, and other related industries, is driving the gloss meters market. Gloss meters are also used for measuring the gloss of metals, stone, and wood coatings. Gloss meters also help measure the surface luster for marbles, granites, and glass chemicals.
Gloss meters can measure the brightness/gloss of various materials at various angle heads. Glass meters are available in the market with standard angle heads of 20, 45, 60, and 85 degrees. One of the prime factors that is fuelling the demand for gloss meters is the usage of gloss meters for various applications in the construction industry. A gloss meter can be used on smooth, treated, as well as untreated surfaces such as wood, laminates, and more. Thus, a gloss meter is a versatile measuring tool used in a variety of applications.
In the automotive industry, gloss meters are used to provide the best quality gloss and color on products, which helps attract customers. Gloss meters are also used during the process of making the interiors of cars, which include mirror finishing, internal plastics, and attractive dashboards. The increasing usage of gloss meters in the automotive industry is boosting the demand for gloss meters. Gloss meters are user-friendly owing to features such as a Bluetooth& USB interface, ergonomic design, high measuring range, and LCD display. Moreover, the introduction of new digital gloss meters in the market to attract the industry players is also estimated to boost the gloss meters market.
Gloss Meters Market: Drivers and Restraints
The significant need for gloss meters in the furniture and automotive industries is fuelling the demand for the same
In the furniture industry, the measurement of the different coatings and paints used on furniture is significantly driving the gloss meters market. A small deviation in the gloss level of furniture is likely to result in a significant reduction in the demand from customers. Moreover, there has been high demand for glossy furniture in recent years, which is considerably driving the gloss meters market.
Gloss meters find major applications in the automotive industry as well. Gloss meters have gained significant popularity among several engineers and designers involved in car production. Gloss meters aid in the quick and precise measurement of the gloss of various materials used in the automotive industry, such as steel, plastic, and the material used for car interiors. Rapid changes in the manufacturing process of the automotive industry are also significantly contributing to the growth of the global gloss meters market. Key companies in the automotive industry, such as Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, and Mercedes, use gloss meters for precise measurement during the car manufacturing process.
On the other hand, the requirement of skilled operators for operating gloss meters is one of the factors restraining the growth of the gloss meters market.
Gloss Meters Market: Competition Landscape.
Some of the key manufacturers gloss meters are PCE Deutschland GmbH, Panomex Inc., HORIBA, Ltd, Elcometer Limited, Konica Minolta Sensing Americas, Inc., and SAMA Tools.
Gloss Meters Market: Regional Review
Growth of the automotive industry in the North America region is expected to drive the gloss meters market in the region. Moreover, high adoption rate of advanced gloss meters within North American market will hold a significant impact on growth of gloss meters market during the forecast period. Growth of plastics and construction industries in Europe, especially in Germany and the UK, is accelerating the demand for gloss meters in the market. In the APEJ region, increasing expenditure on the furniture industry and automotive industry is boosting the demand for gloss meters. On the other hand, the MEA gloss meters market is expected to witness moderate growth over the forecast period.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Gloss Meters Market Segments
- Gloss Meters Market Dynamics
- Gloss Meters Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan ( Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gloss Meters Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Gloss Meters Market: Segmentation
On the basis of end use, the gloss meters market is segmented into:
On the basis of product type, the gloss meters market is segmented into:
- Single angle gloss meter
- Two angle gloss meter
- Triple angle gloss meter
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Gloss Meters Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Gloss Meters Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Gloss Meters Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Gloss Meters Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.