This Gymnema Extract market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gymnema Extract market.
Gymnema extract Market: Introduction
Gymnema is a woody climbing shrub, native to Asia, especially India & Sri Lanka and Africa. The Gymnema also scientifically known as Gymnema sylvestre has been used traditionally for centuries as an Ayurvedic medicine in India and is known as “Gurmar” which means the destroyer of sugar as the extract of the plant leaves contains active ingredient known as gurmarin which suppresses the sweet receptor of the tongue. Gurmarin is a polypeptide which is made of 35 amino acids and causes a physiological reaction. Traditionally, raw leaves of the gymnema was used, however owing to the technological advancement in all the verticals, gymnema is available as pill or tablet which enable control and monitoring of each dosage. Gymnema is linked to reduce blood sugar level with type 1 and type 2 diabetes and in long-term usage, it can prevent diabetic complication. Moreover, according to a paper published in Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, gymnema extract can be effective in increasing insulin secretion which in result helps in lowering the blood sugar level. The most compelling factor of gymnema extract is its very few side effects or drug interactions thus dietary supplements based gymnema can be used in parallel to conventional treatment for diabetes and can aid in blood sugar control which is anticipated to stimulate the global gymnema extract market over the forecast period.
Gymnema extract Market: Segmentation
Global Gymnema extract market can be segmented on the basis of form, nature, distribution channel, and region. On the basis of form, Gymnema extract market is segmented into powder and liquid. On the basis of nature, Gymnema extract market is segmented into organic and conventional. The organic Gymnema extract is anticipated to acquire a significant attention among health-conscious consumer in developed markets and subsequently, act as a driving tool for the growth of global Gymnema extract market in the near future. On the basis of the distribution channel, Gymnema extract market is segmented into direct and indirect. The indirect segment can be further sub-segmented into supermarket/hypermarket, specialty stores, pharmacy stores, online retail, and others. Among all the segment online retail is anticipated to exhibit a significantly higher growth attributed to increasing adoption of shopping through e-commerce websites especially among millennials across the globe.
Gymnema extract Market: Dynamics
As per the world health organization, “number of people with diabetes has risen from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014” which around a fourfold increase reflecting the prevalence of diabetes across the globe and has created a substantial growth opportunity for alternative treatments which is anticipated to drive the growth of gymnema extract market over the forecast period. Furthermore, gymnema extract is also used to treat an array of problems such as metabolic syndrome, weight loss, cough malaria, as a snake bite antidote, digestive stimulant, laxative, appetite suppressant etc. which is also anticipated to propel the growth of gymnema extract market in the near future.
However, limited clinical studies are conducted which proves the variegated benefits of gymnema extract. Furthermore, low market penetration in many countries across the globe coupled with low consumer awareness is anticipated to restrain the growth of gymnema extract market over the forecast period.
Gymnema extract Market: Regional Outlook
On the basis of the regional outlook, gymnema extract market is segmented into five different regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Asia Pacific. On analyzing the gymnema extract market at the global level, Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the gymnema extract market attributed to higher production, and consumption as it is used traditionally in Ayurveda medicines. North America and Europe are anticipated to show a swift growth over the forecast period owing to increasing trend of herbal remedies among the consumers and increasing diabetic population seeking for alternative treatments. Latin America and MEA region are anticipated to show substantial growth over the forecast period.
Gymnema extract Market: Key Player:
Some of the major players operating in Gymnema extract market include The Himalaya Drug Company , Nture’s Answer, NutriGold, Hawaii Pharm Tattva’s Herbs, Starwest Botanicals and other regional players.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gymnema Extract Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Gymnema Extract Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Gymnema Extract Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Gymnema Extract Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Gymnema Extract Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)