This Hearing Aids market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Hearing Aids market.
The rising incidence rate of hearing disorders among the geriatric population has resulted in growing sales of efficient hearing devices. The hearing disabilities among war veterans as well as new-born infants is one of the biggest concerns in the global healthcare sector. The need for enhanced hearing aids is gaining importance as any untreated hearing loss among infants can lead to impairment in the speaking, the academic and the psychological abilities of the suffering children.
Moreover, the global geriatric population is highly susceptible to developing hearing damage, which can adversely affect their personal relationships as well as their social life. As a result, the global market for hearing aids is expected to register a considerable rise, and the demand for hearing aids is likely to increase among several households during the forecast period (2016-2026).
Global Hearing Aids Market: Dynamics
FMI’s report on the global hearing aids market consists of research that identifies the key factors that will shape up the dynamics of the market during the forecast period. Besides the obvious factor of rising incidences, the growth of the global hearing aids market is also influenced by factors such as,
- Rising noise pollutions levels
The increasing noise pollution throughout the world has had a significant impact on the hearing of adults. Noise emission in heavy duty industries as well as public carnivals is expected to damage the hearing capacity of adults, thereby resulting into increase in demand for hearing aids.
- High decibel exposure
Common practice of exposing the ear drum with loud music played through headphones or earphones is a very common factor causing hearing problems among the young demographic. Furthermore, people working in high-decibel environments such as airports or ordnance factories are expected to suffer from hearing loss due to overexposure. The demand for hearing aids is also higher among construction worker, owing to the loud drilling and dismantling work.
- Digital enhancement of hearing aids
The most recent factor stimulating the growth of enhanced hearing aids is the addition of Bluetooth, headphone, noise cancellation and other digital functions in the existing hearing devices. Such technological advancements have supplemented the demand for expensive hearing aids with additional features.
On the other hand, the factors that restrain the overall growth of the global hearing aids market include,
- Product deficits
The low battery life of hearing aids is one of the biggest limitation to the demand of existing products. The consumer is left helpless and deaf, after the battery of the aid runs out.
- Poor diagnosis methods
Lack of proper diagnosis of hearing disorders will result in lower adoption of hearing aids as consumer patients will continue to adjust to the hearing impairment.
- Uncomfortable buzzing and amplification
The evident buzzing and feedback sounds emitting from the hearing devices have proved to displease the users, especially the elderlies. As a result, it has distracted the thought processes of old people while having conversations with their family and friends.
Global Hearing Aids Market: Regional Outline
Among the regional classification of the global hearing aids market, North America and Europe are expected to be amid the foremost lucrative regions in the global market. The rising number of hearing loss incidences in the US and Canada is expected to drive the market growth in North America, while the presence of several leading hearing device manufacturers is anticipated to fuel the hearing aid businesses across Europe. Meanwhile, the high noise pollution levels in Asia Pacific (APAC) countries such as India, China and Japan is also expected to impact the hearing aids market in the APAC region.
Global Hearing Aids Market: Key Players
The leading manufacturers of the global hearing aids market are focussed on market consolidation and expansion of their product portfolio. ReSound, Widex, Oticon, Siemens AG, Starkey Hearing Technologies Inc., and Phonak Hearing Systems, are among the leading manufacturers of the global market that are based in European countries, and account for a majority of the global production of hearing aids. Zounds Hearing, Inc. (U.S.), SeboTek Hearing Systems, LLC (U.S.), Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (Singapore), GN Store Nord A/S (Denmark), Cochlear Limited (Australia), Sonova (Switzerland), MED-EL (Austria), and William Demant Holding A/S (Denmark), among others, are also recognised as the key players in the global hearing aids market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Hearing Aids Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The global market for hearing aids is broadly segmented on the basis of the type of products, which include,
- In the ear hearing aids (ITE)
- In the canal (ITC)
- Completely in the canal (CIC)
- Behind the ear (BTE)
- Receiver in canal (RIC)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Hearing Aids Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Hearing Aids Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Hearing Aids Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Hearing Aids Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)