This Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics market.
Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is an autoimmune disorder clinically diagnosed as acquired bleeding disorder in which platelets (blood cells) are destroyed by immune system, who play an important role in primary and secondary haemostasis. Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is characterised by tendency to bleed continuously mostly from extremities such as nose and gums, purpuric rash and petechiae. Individuals with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura have platelet count below normal (less than 150,000 cells/mm3) causing thrombocytopenia. Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura can be acute for chronic with platelet count less than 150,000 cells/mm3 and 50,000 cells/mm3 respectively. In fatal or sever idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura intracerebral or subarachnoid hemorrhage, lower gastrointestinal bleeding or other internal bleeding may occur.In idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura activation of lymphocytes leads to anti-platelet antibodies against the fibrinogen receptor i.e platelet glycoproteins IIb/IIIa. Incidence of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in children and adult population is approximately 50 and 66 cases per 1,000,000 per year respectively.
Commonly utilised tests for diagnosis of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura include blood typing, blood count, direct Coombs testing, evaluation of peripheral smear, bone marrow evaluation, immunoglobulin quantitation and evaluation for platelet antibodies. More advanced tests may be performed such as platelet binding assay, genetic mutational analysis and bone marrow cultures for megakaryocyte growth and differentiation. Testing of H. pylori infection is considered as a standard diagnostic test for individuals suspected of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, in countries with higher incidence of H. pylori infection. Treatment for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura mainly aims for normal platelet count to prevent excessive bleeding. First line therapy generally used in of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is oral corticosteroids, such as prednisone, rituximab, azathioprine, eltrombopag, methylprednisolone etc. Second line treatment generally used is spleenectomy while new treatment measures include intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG), anti-D immunoglobulin and thrombopoietin receptor agonists (TPO-RA).
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
In most cases of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura treatment generally involves use of corticosteroids that maintain normal platelet count. Easy availability and accessibility of corticosteroid has been one of the major factor in driving idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market. New advances in proper diagnosis, government initiatives in awareness and treatment of disease and association of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura with pregnancy, infections or immunosuppressive diseases (H. pylori) has been a reason for market growth of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market.
The most important drivers for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is use of effective combination therapy, introduction of new drugs such as intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) and thrombopoietin receptor agonists (TPO-RA) in treatment of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market . There have been published report where use of dexamethasone alone and alongwith infusions of rituximab was tested. It was found that dexamethasone with rituximab had rendered safe platelet count for about 6 months in 63% of individuals in study. Also another published study stated that use of TPO mimetic drugs sustained normal platelet count in 85% of indivivduals thus boosting market for for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics.
Major restraint for for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is side effects of corticosteroids or drugs used. But use of combination therapy and new drugs has seen to avoid side effects and proved life saving. Another restraint for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is lack of awareness of disease amongst people, no facilities for diagnostic test in rural areas and high cost of treatment in low income countries. Non-adherence of patients to combination treatment has also been a major part in restraining for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market.
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market: Segmentation
The global idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is classified on the basis of treatment, distribution channel and geography.
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market: Overview
The global idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is governed by drugs that suppress uimmune system, injections that increase blood count and drugs that boost platelet production. Association of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura with other infections such as H. pylori infection and others related to immunosuppression favours market for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics. Inspite of low global incidence of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, its fatal and serious complications has led advancement in its treatment leading to rise in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market. Use of efficient combination therapy has driven idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market.
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is the largest market for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics due to demand for combination therapy, advancement in healthcare facilities and mainly due to Orphan drug act in U.S. Owing to drugs such as romiplostim have driven Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura market in Japan and Europe too. India is seen to have stable rise in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market.
Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura market include GlaxoSmithKline, Amgen. Inc, Grifols S.A, CSL Behring, Baxter, Sandoz, Contract Pharmacal, Roxane and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on treatment, the global idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is segmented into the following:
- Intravenous immunoglobulins.
- Anti-D immunoglobulin.
- Thrombopoietin receptor agonists (TPO-RA).
Based on distribution channels, the global idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura therapeutics market is segmented into the following:
- Retail pharmacies.
- Drug store.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura Therapeutics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)