This Leukemia Therapeutics Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Leukemia Therapeutics Treatment market.
Leukemia is defined as a cancer observed in white blood cell (WBC) in our body. White blood cell helps our body to fight against infection caused by harmful pathogen. Bone marrow is the center for the production of RBC (carry oxygen to all part of body), WBC (fight against infection) and platelets (help in blood clotting). Our bone marrow produces abnormal WBC when we are suffering from leukemia. Moreover abnormal WBCs are not able to perform normal functioning or WBC loses its ability to fight against infection. Etiology for leukemia includes artificial ionizing radiation, benzene and petrochemicals, alkylation chemotherapy agents, genetic predisposition and electromagnetic energy. Genetic predisposition and electromagnetic energy is the most common cause of leukemia observed among people. Signs and symptoms of leukemia includes a new lump or swollen gland in neck and arm, frequent nosebleed, pain in the bone, night sweat and frequent fever. Leukemia can be diagnosed by bone marrow tests, platelet count and WBC (white blood cell) differential count test. Leukemia can be treated by blood transfusion, immunotherapy, bone marrow transplantation, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Commercially available drug in the market for the treatment of leukemia includes Gleevec, Bosulif, Sprycel, Iclusig and others. Drugs which are in clinical trials expected to launch in the marketwithin next few (3 to 5)years include Bosutinib, Omapro, ga101/rg7159, Vidaza, Dacogen, Midostaurin, Vosaroxin, Quizartinib, Graspa, Marqibo.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Chronic leukemia is a type of blood cancer caused by uncontrolled growth of the WBC cells in our body. Chronic leukemia is a type of myeloproliferative disease which is characterized by the chromosomal translocation. Patients suffering from chronic leukemia show increased susceptibility to bacterial infections, thrombocytopenia and anemia and may also have enlarged spleen which causes pain on the left side. Incidence rate of chronic leukemia is high in men and is the second most common type of cancer occurring in male adults. Women who are above 50 years in age are expected to suffer from this chronic disease. Treatment for chronic leukemia depends on the phase of the disease that can be chronic, accelerated or the blast phase and the treatment for chronic leukemia includes chemotherapy, stem cell transplants and biologic therapies.
Acute myeloid leukemia develops at a speedy pace and is found in the blood and bone marrow. In the disease process, immature blood cells are present in the bone marrow. Symptoms found in patients due to the disease are flu, loss of weight, body ache, body pain and spots on skin.Treatment for acute leukemia includes chemotherapy, stem cell transplants and biologic therapies.
About 90% of the leukemia cases occur in the middle age and progresses with the aging. Therefore, leukemia therapeutics market is poised to grow with the rise in aging population and increasing incidences of leukemia. Drugs such as Bosulif, Gleevec, Sprycel andIclusigare commercially available for the treatment of leukemia. Gleevec was the first leukemia drug introduced in 2001, since then there has been a revolutionary change in the quality life of patients as compared to the former chemotherapy drugs.Globally the numbers of elderly people, 60 years and above are growing and it is expected that this age group will cross the 2 billion mark in 2050 stated by United Nations Population Division. Hence the leukemia therapeutics market will also grow significantly.However adverse event (cytotoxic) associated with nearly all kinds of leukemia therapeutics treatment might restrict the global market demand of leukemia therapeutics market.
North America dominates the global market for leukemia therapeutics treatment due to high prevalence rate of leukemia (acute, chronic) and extensive technological advancement (diagnosis) in this region. Europe represents the second largest market share due to its large geriatric population base. In addition Asia-Pacific and RoW hold the third and fourth position in the global leukemia therapeutics market respectively due to less prevalence rate of leukemia and lack of proper healthcare facilities in few Asian and African countries.
North America accounted for 62% sales of leukemia drugs in the therapeutics market during 2010 followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Leukemia therapeutics market will grow significantlyand the total growth will depend on pipeline products and metabolic inhibitors, a tyrosine kinase receptor FLT -3 of Novartis and some other capable molecules, improving the therapeutics market.
Major market playerscontributing the global market share of leukemia therapeutics treatment includes Ambit Biosciences Corporation, AriadPharmaceuticals,Inc., Biogen Idec, Inc., Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Pfizer and others.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Leukemia Therapeutics Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Leukemia Therapeutics Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Leukemia Therapeutics Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Leukemia Therapeutics Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Leukemia Therapeutics Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)