This Lung Cancer Therapeutics market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Lung Cancer Therapeutics market.
Lung cancer is a malignant tumor characterized by uncontrolled growth of cell tissues in the lung. Itis the second most commonly diagnosed and has the highest mortality rate of all cancers in both men and women. American Lung Association has estimated that around 224,210new cases were diagnosed with lung cancer in the American region that accounts for approximately 13% of all the cancer cases diagnosed. Thus, with the rise in incidence rate of lung cancer, the demand for therapeutics is also expected to grow during the study period.
Based on the cancer cell types, lung cancer is broadly segmented as small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). NSCLC segment accounts for approximately 80 to 90% of all lung cancers. Based on the cell shape and size, NSCLC is further divided to three subtypes, they are adenocarcinoma,large-cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. These NSCLC’s are primarily treated with the surgeries, at the same time chemotherapy is increasingly used for both pre-operative and post-operative treatment of the patients. The treatment options available for the NSCLC includesurgery, radiation therapy andchemotherapy. As per the American Cancer Society, it was estimated that in the United States approximately 195,000 peopleare suffering from NSCLC every year and the number of deaths from NSCLC areapproximately 135,000. The top five global brands that are commercially available in the market are Avastin, Tarceva, Alimta, Gemzar and Taxotere. Thus, all the above mentioned factors collectively drive the growth of the global lung cancer therapeutics market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Increasing incidences of lung cancer due to rising smoking population is one of the major factors driving the growth of lung cancer therapeutics market. The risk of lung cancer is tenfold higher in smokers as compared to non-smokers. In addition, launch of premium priced drugs, new innovative radiation therapies coupled with rising incidences of NSCLC are the major driving factors for the growth of lung cancer therapeutics market. However, genericization of the major drugs might restrict the growth of this market.
Geographically, North America and Europe dominates the global lung cancer therapeutics market. According to Lung Disease Research Funding, approximately 75,000 people in the U.S. die because of lung injury every year. The United States is the largest market for NSCLC owing to the high incidence rate, rise in aging population. In addition, with advent of new treatment therapies such as targeted drug therapy, stereotacticsare aiding patient population. Europe accounts to be the largest market after North America.While, Asia-Pacific countries such as India and China, South East Asia are the emerging regions for the global lung cancer therapeutics market due to high prevalence of this diseasecoupled with increasing healthcare awareness.
Players are adopting various strategies to expand their product portfolio and increase its geographical presence. New product development, agreements and collaborations and acquisitions are some of the important strategies adopted by the players in the global lung cancer therapeutics market. The prominent leading players of this market include AstrazenecaPlc, Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmitKline, Hoffman-La Roche, BoehringerIngelheim GmbH, Pfizer Inc.,Sanofi-Aventis, among others.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Lung Cancer Therapeutics Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Lung Cancer Therapeutics Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Lung Cancer Therapeutics Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Lung Cancer Therapeutics Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Lung Cancer Therapeutics Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)