This Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia market.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is a blood and bone marrow disease that usually gets adverse slowly. It is one of the most common types of leukemia in adults. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is a type of cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes.It may affect red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is the second most common cancer in adult males. About 90% of chronic lymphocytic leukemia is diagnosed in middle age. Incidence rate of CLL is high in men and women over 50 years of age or middle age. It is rarely seen in people under age 40, and is extremely rare in children. In CLL, majority of the blood stem cells become abnormal lymphocytes healthy white blood cells. The abnormal lymphocytes may also be called leukemia cells. These abnormal lymphocytes are not able to fight infection very well. Also, as the number of lymphocytes increases in the blood and bone marrow, there is less room for healthy white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets. This may cause infection, anemia, and easy bleeding which may result in death. In 2016, American Cancer Society has estimated that in the United States about18,960 new cases of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)and approximately 4,660 deaths by CLL are observed up till now.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increase in aging population is an impetus for the growth of the CLL market. The increasing incidences of cancers in developed and developing countries such as India, and Brazil are expected to boost market growth. Moreover, exceptional regulatory designations offered to certain drugs. CLL is a disease which affects a minute percentage of the population, that’s why they are treated by a few marketed drugs only. A small or medium number of patients creates a very small market for these drugs. So it may or may not be profitable for companies to develop these drugs as recovering the research and developments of the drug expenses would be difficult. That’s why collaboration agreements and co-development are some of the key strategies adopted by top market players. For example, recently GlaxoSmithKline plc and Genmab A/S, have entered into co-development and collaboration agreement for drug Arzerra (ofatumumab), used in the treatment of relapsed CLL. Other two important drivers for CLL treatment market are family history of blood disorders and excessive exposure to harmful chemicals. Another trend that is expected to inspire market growth is a rise in the development of combination of drug therapies. Combination therapies for the treatment of CLL were available only in the form of chemotherapy combination drugs. Previously approved combinations were only few.However, stringent regulatory guidelines are expected to hamper market growth. Moreover, the high overall treatment cost for the therapy is another factor inhibiting the market growth. For example, GA101/RG7159 was launched in the market in 2014 by Genentech Inc (U.S.). The drug costs approximately at $409,580 for patients who take them annually.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market overview:
Conventionally, the CLL therapeutics market is dominated by the parenteral segment. In the parenteral ROA, the drug is administered by the intravenous, subcutaneous, intrathecal, or intramuscular routes. But slowly oral drugs are expected to capture vast market share. Drugs delivered by oral route are absorbed rapidly and the onset of action is fast. Moreover, oral ROA is essential during emergencies when there is a need for greater patient compliance.
For example: - Imbruvica, rituximab, idelalisib are oral tablets given to CLL patients alone or in combination. The efficacy of ibrutinib (Imbruvica) and idelalisib (Zydelig) in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) suggests the drugs could potentially replace chemoimmunotherapy completely for some patients.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market: Regional Overview
Region wise, the global chronic lymphocytic leukemiamarket is classified into regions namely, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America dominated the global market for chronic lymphocytic leukemiadue to good reimbursement policies for diagnostic, therapeutic procedures and number of government organizations investigating the efficiency. After North America this market is followed by Europe due to increase in the number of patients suffering from CLL. Asia Pacific region is expected to perceive a significantly faster growth over the forecast period due to a number of branded drugs will become available over the next four years, with the expanding patient pool receiving greater access to such new treatments.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the market of near patient molecular solution are F. Hoffman-La Roche, AbbVie, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences, Novartis, and Johnson & Johnson.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market: Segmentation
The global chronic lymphocytic leukemia market is classified on the basis of type, route of administration, type of drug, end user.
Based on type, the global chronic lymphocytic leukemiamarket is segmented into the following:
- Acute myeloid (or myelogenous) leukemia (AML)
- Chronic myeloid (or myelogenous) leukemia (CML)
- Acute lymphocytic (or lymphoblastic) leukemia (ALL)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
Based on Drug Route Administration (ROA) the global chronic Lymphocytic Leukemiamarket is segmented into the following:
Based on types of chemo drugs used the global chronic lymphocytic leukemiamarket is segmented into the following:
- Purine analogs.
- Alkylating agents
- Other drugs
Based on end user global chronic lymphocytic leukemiamarket is segmented into the following:
- Private Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Laboratories
- Research Institutes
- Drug Store
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)