This Liver Transplantation market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Liver Transplantation market.
Liver transplantation or hepatic transplantation is a surgical procedure performed when the liver fails to perform its normal functions such as synthesis of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. The liver is the second most commonly transplanted major organ, after the kidney, so it is clear that liver disease is a common and serious problem. Most liver transplant operations use livers from deceased donors, though a liver may also come from another living person (allograft). There is a significant proportion of demand liver transplantation currently in demand however, only the critically ill patients are given the priority and selection is based on the criticality of requirement.
There are several disease conditions responsible for liver transplantations such as:
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Wilson’s disease
Liver transplantation has also been associated with several risk factors such as bleeding, blood clots, anaphylactic reaction, and infection. Other risk factors such as osteopenia, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diarrhea are also observed post transplantation. According to the American Liver Foundation every year more than 1,500 people die waiting for a donated liver to become available. However, organ transplantation has also been life saving for thousands of people. It has been studied that almost 6,000 liver transplants are performed annually in the U.S. and this number continues to grow. Currently in the U.S. alone there are almost 17,000 adults and children who have been approved for liver transplantation and are awaiting for the donors to make livers available.
Liver Transplantation Market: Drivers and Restraints
Liver Transplantation market is growing rapidly due to increasing incidence of Hepatitis A, B and C across the globe. Major drivers for the liver transplantation market are treatment advancements, increasing adoption as the most effective modality for the management of end-stage liver disease. Furthermore, increasing favored reimbursement policies is expected to drive the growth of the liver transplantation market in the near future. However adequate number of liver donors, increasing waiting list to get a new liver and length of hospital stay and its cost are the major factors that can hamper the Liver Transplantation market growth over the forecast period.
Liver Transplantation Market: Overview
Liver Transplantation market is growing with a significant CAGR due to its high adoption rate as it is an effective modality for the management of end-stage liver disease. Developing countries are growing with a slower CAGR compared to other parts of the world. By end use, hospitals and adult liver transplantation centers segments are expected to account for around 50% share in the global liver transplantation market and the trend is forecast to continue through 2026. Based on treatment type, liver transplantation surgery is expected to register above average CAGR over the forecast period owing surgical techniques and innovations in living related liver transplantations.
Liver Transplantation Market: Region-wise Outlook
Depending on geographic region, global liver transplantation market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America leads the market for liver transplantation followed by the European countries. Since, the availability of liver donors is scarce, the market is not yet well established in the developing markets such as India, China and others.
Market: Key Players
Key players in the Liver Transplantation Market include Allosource, Conatus Pharmaceuticals Inc., Digna Biotech, S.L., Dompe Farmaceutici S.p.A., Isogenis, Inc., RedHill Biopharma Ltd., Thompson Surgical, Integra Life sciences and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Liver Transplantation Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Liver Transplantation Market: Segmentation
The global liver transplantation market is classified on the basis of treatment type, end use and geography.
Based on treatment type, global liver transplantation market is segmented into the following:
- Liver Transplantation Surgery
- Post-Surgery Anti-Rejection Treatment
- Mycophenolate Mofetil
Based on end use, global liver transplantation market is segmented into the following:
- Adult Liver Transplantation Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Liver Transplantation Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Liver Transplantation Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Liver Transplantation Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Liver Transplantation Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)