This Multi Position Cylinder market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Multi Position Cylinder market.
Multi-position cylinders are the devices featured with output shafts that generate linear as well as rotary motions. These cylinders produce various motions when operated independently and simultaneously. Multi-position cylinders have various advantages over single position cylinders. For instance, they can sort or position multiple parts at one time, which makes them an ideal choice for sorting and selective assembly operations. Multi-position cylinders are available with 2, 3, 4 or 5 positions; they consist of two or more cylinders mounted in back to back or in-line positions. The manufacture and design of multi-position cylinders differ from company to company; some companies also provide an infinite number of adjustable stroke positions in their multi-position cylinders. They also have frictionless bearings and reed switch option for better installation. Multi-position cylinders are available in different diameters such as 25, 40, 63 and 100 mm to suit different requirements. They also have flexible cushioning rings, pads on both sides of the cylinder and proximity sensors, which widens the scope of their applications.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Multi-Position Cylinder Market: Market Dynamics
The cost effectiveness of multi-position cylinders is fueling the growth of its market; they reduce the cost as they serve the purpose of two or more types of cylinder. The growing demand for industrial automation is increasing the usage of multi-position cylinders in different industries. Multi-position cylinders have versatile features and properties such as aluminum profile square cylinder barrel, cushioning, elastomers, a wide variety of mountings, space saving, magnetic and non-magnetic versions, magnetic sensors standard for all sizes, etc., which widen the scope of its applications and also contribute to the growth of its market. Multi-position cylinders are an alternative and economical solution in place of electric actuators usage. Earlier electronic actuators were the only option for applications demanding an infinite number of stroke positions.
High initial cost of investment is affecting the growth of multi-position cylinder market. The market for multi-position cylinders is also affected by complex maintenance of its components.
Many companies offer modular sealing systems for their ISO certified cylinders, which enables a fast and easy exchange of scrapers without removing the cylinder. Multi-position cylinders use input signals to automatically adjust the actuator stroke. After reaching the desired position, the multi-position signal is pneumatically locked till the signal is changed. Multi-position cylinders utilize a controller, integrated cylinder, linear sensor and solenoid valve in one single unit, which makes them perfect for use for on the fly changes in any process. They only need air supply and an appropriate input signal for all above applications, which sets further growth opportunities for multi-position cylinders market in the forecast period. Multi-position cylinders can perfectly fit in several positions without the need of a position-measuring system and are controlled with the help of several pressure connectors. Various manufacturers are widely using multi-position cylinders between a range of 3 positions to 52 positions. The new ultra and compact multi-position cylinders, for instance, can have a cross-sectional area as little as 12mm and a body length as short as 60mm. They also offer high-speed performance with maximum acceleration as well as maximum deceleration, which makes them helpful in reducing cycle-time in a variety of systems and makes them usable in various manufacturing processes.
Multi-Position Cylinder Market: Segmentation Overview
Multi-position cylinders can be mounted in very small working areas which make them suitable for various applications. The rust-proof quality of multi-position cylinders makes them suitable for use in hydel-power and other machine tool industries. Stainless steel and bronze are few of the common materials used for the manufacture of multi-position cylinders. They are manufactured with different ports and when the air is supplied to individual ports, the cylinder extends to different positions. Multi-position cylinders also have the feature of single oil impregnated bronze rod brushing. They are used in the harsh environmental conditions of the offshore drilling rigs and steel mills complex machine tools.
Multi-Position Cylinder Market: Regional Outlook
The global multi-position cylindermarket geographically is segmented as North America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan, Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe hold a significant market share of multi-position cylinder market owing to the fully automated manufacturing processes. Furthermore, the increase in R & D activities related to aerospace and automobiles, wherein multi-position cylinders are useful machine components, aids in boosting the growth of multi-position cylinder market in the region. The market in the APEJ region is more inclined towards growing demand for multi-position cylinders because of the increasing industrial automation.
Multi-Position Cylinder Market: Prominent Players
Some of the prominent players in the global multi-position cylindermarket are:
- Aventics GmbH
- Bimba Manufacturing Company
- Clayton Controls
- Gibson Engineering
- Hainzl Industriessysteme GmbH
- Festo Group
- ITT Inc.
- SMC Pneumatics Ltd.
- Starcyl USA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic, Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Multi Position Cylinder Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Multi-Position Cylinder Market: Market Segmentation
The global multi-position cylinder market can be segmented on the basis of end-use industries:
- Industrial Equipment Manufacturing
- Metals and Mining Processes
It can also be segmented on the basis of the type of power used:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Multi Position Cylinder Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Multi Position Cylinder Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Multi Position Cylinder Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Multi Position Cylinder Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.