Plasticizer compounds are compounds added to a polymer matrix to enhance its chemical properties and the flexibility of the plastic. It also lowers the grass transition temperature, melt velocity and elastic modulus of the polymer.
The global plasticizer market is categorized into two types: Phthalate and non-phthalate plasticizers.
The market for Phthalate plasticizers is segmented on the basis of sub-types such as Dioctyl Phthalate (Dop), Diethylhexyl Phthalate (Dehp), Diisononyl Phthalate (Dinp), Diisodecyl Phthalate (Didp), Di (2-Propylheptyl) Phthalate (Dphp), Butyl Benzyl Phthalate (Bbp) and others.
The main applications of the plasticizer market is segmented into film and sheet coverings, flooring and wall, wires and cables, coated fabrics, consumer goods and also has applications in the fields of medicine, sport and adhesive and sealants.
Of these the wires and cables segment accounted for the largest usage of phthalate plasticizers in the electrical and cable industry for products such as insulation and jacketing for electrical conductors and insulation for fiber optic cables.
Phthalate Plasticizer Market: Dynamics
Phthalate plasticizers used to account for approximately 60% of the total plasticizers market in 2016 and that number is estimated to be between 45%-55% at present. They are the most widely used plasticizers due to their availability at low cost.
The demand for Phthalate plasticizers is led by Dioctyl Phthalate which used to account for 40% of the overall plasticizer market.
Earlier Phthalate based plasticizers dominated the industry holding 85% of the market share but recently due to stringent government regulations and rising health concerns have prompted consumers to shift toward bio plasticizers.
Many companies are voluntarily moving away from phthalate plasticizers, as increasing number of studies are exposing the health effects caused by use, and in order to encourage sustainability, are switching or are making transitions towards using safer, bio-degradable non-phthalate based plasticizers.
Phthalate plasticizers were essential to make soft PVC with better flexibility and durability but the plasticizer industry is currently focusing on introducing safer alternatives and renewable products that provide a more favorable environmental footprint.
Phthalate Plasticizer Market: Regional Outlook
The Asia-Pacific region leads the market accounting for more than half the global plasticizer market share, both in terms of value and volume, and is expected to continue dominating the market owing to high growth rate of high industrial and infrastructural growth primarily in India, China and Japan also because these countries have the highest end users by industry.
It is followed by North America and Europe where the markets are expected to decline at a slow pace as both markets are established and mature and have limited potential for growth as they are past their peak.
Another reason is due to stringent regulations due to the health hazards associated with phthalate plasticizers. The Middle East, African and Latin American markets are expected to witness slow growth.
Phthalate Plasticizer Market: Key Participants
Some of the key market participants in the global Phthalate Plasticizer market, identified across the value chain include:
- BASF SE
- Dow chemicals
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- UPC Technology Corporation
- Aekyung Petrochemical Co., Ltd
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Nan Ya Plastics Corporation
- Evonik Industries
- LG Chem
- Shandong Hongxin Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Shandong Qilo Plasticizers
The research report on the Phthalate Plasticizer market presents a comprehensive assessment, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data.
The Phthalate Plasticizer market report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, aircraft type, and sales channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Phthalate Plasticizer Market Segments
- Phthalate Plasticizer Market Dynamics
- Phthalate Plasticizer Market Size
- New Sales of Phthalate Plasticizer
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Phthalate Plasticizer Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Phthalate Plasticizer
- New Technology for Phthalate Plasticizer
- Value Chain of the Phthalate Plasticizer Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The global Phthalate Plasticizer market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the Phthalate Plasticizer market
- In-depth Phthalate Plasticizer market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Phthalate Plasticizer market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the global Phthalate Plasticizer market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the global Phthalate Plasticizer market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Phthalate Plasticizer market performance
- Must-have information for market players in Phthalate Plasticizer market to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Phthalate Plasticizer Market: Segmentation
The global Phthalate Plasticizer market can be segmented on the basis of Phthalate type and end use.
- Dioctyl Phthalate Plasticizers
- Diethylhexyl Phthalate Plasticizers
- Diisononyl Phthalate Plasticizers
- Diisodecyl Phthalate Plasticizers
- Di (2-Propylheptyl) Phthalate Plasticizers
- Butyl Benzyl Phthalate Plasticizers
End Use :
- Oil and Gas
- Research and Development
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.